Heritage Owners Club

Fret size

Horace

I'm pretty sure I've read this here before but I searched the forum and couldn't find anything about fret size used by Heritage for their non custom guitars. Is it the same for all models ? I'm interested in knowing the fret size for the H-150. Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Horace

I think I was able to answer my own question with additional searches on this forum. Here's what I found in case anyone had a similar question.

Horace

==============================================================================

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:18 PM

pcovers, on Oct 2 2009, 09:11 PM, said:snapback.png

Anyone know the standard fret wire size used on recent H150 models?

Funny enough, I called the factory today to ask that question. They said 6105, but they can put any size you want on a custom order according to they guy on the phone. I think his name was Vince.

JazzmanC

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:51 PM

Here are five fret sizes drawn in correct proportion for comparison. From small to tall, we offer a fret for the most popular styles and preferences. These are the finest frets available made from hard nickel / silver to give you long life with steel strings. For general reference we use Dunlop's fret wire, however,actual fret dimensions vary somewhat from batch to batch. All sizes are listed by width and height. Sizes below are listed by Width(B)xHeight(A)

6230 This is the smallest wire found in older Fender necks. Size: .078" x .043"
6150 Vintage jumbo. Much wider but not as tall as the 6230. Size: .102" x .042"
6105 Contemporary narrow and tall, a very popular choice. Size: .090" x .055"
6100 This is Jumbo, the biggest guitar wire available. Size: .110" x .055
6130 Often refered to as Medium Jumbo. Size: 106" x .036"

==================================================================================

Archived