Heritage Owners Club

Hello plus questions plus becoming community

tangyzizzle99

Hello everyone. Just joined. Known about Heritage for a long time, so not naive. Just got my first two. Funny because I've only had my les paul (sole guitar) for 30 years now. All of a sudden I have two H-140s.

Dramatic to say least. Will post some pics when I get a moment.

First one, stock with schallers. Lovely.

Second, has some "history", and could use some feedback on this one. Goldtop, originally had Bigsby B5. Original owner sent back to heritage to convert to hardtail. Heritage plugged holes with matching paint plugs and installed hardtail. I bought knowing, and immediately put Vibramate and original tremolo back on...

As may be noticed, I've never owned a Bigsby guitar and figured this would be the one. B5 and Vibramate sit off from guitar (didn't expect that, I get it, it's an archtop). Went ahead and ordered B7 and Vibramate to try. As I am very new to the Bigsby thing, I could use any advice you gentlemen could help.

Worried about tuning issues. Could use your experience.

Should be a beautiful player.. goldtop, Bigsby, with HRW's. Any help from Bigsby owners greatly appreciated. I will certainly post pictures and serial numbers and whatnot. Chris

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Tangy:

Welcome and good luck with your new guitars. Heritage makes a top quality instrument and I think you'll appreciate that over time.

As far as the Bigsby is concerned, I will advise one thing: look on line (YouTube or whatever) and see how the "Pros" restring a Bigsby. If you go by the "trial and error" method, you'll be like me and waste an awful lot of time learning the best way. (Use a capo to hold the strings in place. Pre-bend the loop end. Etc.)

Save yourself some time: see how a pro does this restringing and follow his/her lead.

Best to you.

Stringman

I got the pre-bend thing down. I don't own a capo so I should go get one. I can see how that would help. (I always found them to be a bit of a crutch so I gave mine away many many years ago). I play a lot more slide nowadays, and have been meaning to get a new capo anyways. I will definitely get some pics up as soon as I can (when the wife isn't around ;) )

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Archived