Heritage Owners Club

Kenny Burrell 1 X 12" combo

backline

Just thought I'd share my impression of mine.

A very nice warm jazz sound that can make about any guitar sound like a jazz machine.

Also can turn right around and sound like a Fender Super-Reverb, except the Heritage is tighter sounding. Still plenty Bluesy but not as loose sounding as a Super.

Of course the reverb was the bast I ever owned.

I no longer have the amp as it was pretty heavy and even 40 watts is too much for the gentle dinner-jazz rooms I play in anymore. Why lug it around?

Young guys with no back problems would appreciate it though, I'm sure.

Thanks for the review, my life is a quest to get Kenny's tone.  So, I've always been curious about these amps.  I know he used a twin for many years, so I'm not surprised about how much firepower this amp has.  I have a fender DRRI that I think is pretty close.  But, being a mere mortal like yourself, I've mainly been using my Jazzkat for gigs.  I bet the KB sounded sweet once you got out of traction though.

Welp, at "only" 45 watts, the "firepower" certainly can still part hair in the back of most rooms.

The tone stacks and general approach of the Kenny Burrell Combo112 circuit definitely is warm for the quintessential Kenny Burrell tones. Got that covered very well.

But it IS basically a 2 X 6L6 clean power amp section, and the preamp has enough range to get loads of other tones -at least in the clean community.

I'd guess it would take pedals very well. Most clean amps with a lot of headroom seem to.

As-is, the power amp section and tube rectifier will get some pretty glorious hair onto the sound for Blues, but you better be playing a stadium when you do it (to avoid arrest). :police:

The cabinet construction is hell for stout and capable of world tours (especially if you've got a Roadie to help schlep the thing.

I've had heavier amps, but not heavier 45 watt amps.

Archived