Heritage Owners Club

140 Second Edition

squawken

Hey

When someone lists a Heritage as Second Edition, what does that mean?  Blemished?  And how do the 140's sound compared to the 150's?  I noticed one that caught my eye on g-base.

Hmmm... I'm not sure.  I'd ask whoever is selling it for clarification.  With the H-137, Second Edition refers to the new model which uses P90s and a wrap around bridge, vs. the earlier H-137 which used 'buckers and a tune-o-matic/tail piece combo.  I believe the H-140 was slimmer than the H-150, but I'm not sure.  Hopefully somebody with more knowledge will jump in here.

From Heritage's website:

Specs on the H-140

Neck - 17 degree peghead pitch; one piece mahogany neck.

Fingerboard - 24 3/4” scale rosewood; with  22 frets; with mother of pearl position markers.

Body - Single cutaway carved curly maple top and solid mahogany back, cream bound top; with cream pickguard.

body size:

rim thickness - 1 1/2”

body width - 12 1/2”

body length - 17”

Electronics - Two humbucking pickups with exposed coils, two volume and two tone controls with selector switch.

Hardware - Chrome plated hardware. With plastic pick guard.

H-140 Gold Top -(Color Shown) Same specs as H-140CM.

*Shown with pickup covers. 

H-140CMV - Same as H-140CM but with VAR-I-Phase features.

Specs on the H-150:

Neck - 17 degree peghead pitch; one piece mahogany neck.

Fingerboard - 24 3/4” scale rosewood cream bound fingerboard with 22 frets; mother of pearl trapezoid inlays.

Body - Single cutaway solid body with solid carved curly maple top and solid mahogany back; cream bound top; with cream pickguard.

body size:

rim thickness - 2”

body width - 13”

body length - 17 1/4”

Electronics - Two chrome plated humbucking pickups; two volume and two tone controls with selector switch.

Hardware - Chrome plated hardware.

H-150CM Classic -(Shown) Same specs as H-150CM except Seymour Duncan pickups.

Color Shown - Vintage Sunburst

So the 140 is both a little slimmer and a little smaller than the 150.

Good catch GuitArtMan!!

I need to read the specs a little closer next time. If it wasn't for those dot inlays, I would be on board for something like an H-140. The only complaint I have about my H-150 now that the "honeymoon" is over, is the weight. I haven't officially weighed it, but I am guessing it is close to 10lbs.  The heavily padded bass strap I use does help a little though.

Good catch GuitArtMan!!

I need to read the specs a little closer next time. If it wasn't for those dot inlays, I would be on board for something like an H-140. The only complaint I have about my H-150 now that the "honeymoon" is over, is the weight. I haven't officially weighed it, but I am guessing it is close to 10lbs.  The heavily padded bass strap I use does help a little though.

I hear you about the weight.  What I don't understand is why.  Heritage's semi-hollows are consistently lower in weight than their G word counterparts, yet their solid bodies weigh a frickin' ton, as as much as, if not more than the complimentary G word.

There is obviously some confusion about the 140 second edition.

The 140CM is listed as "no longer being made" on http://www.heritageguitar.com/products/

But then you read on http://www.heritageguitar.com/New%20Models.htm that the second edition comes with HRW pickups und a tummy cut.

I have a "first edition" H140CMCL (no idea what CMCL stands for) and it's a wonderful guitar. It's my first american made electric and I will never part with it.

There is a beatiful H140CM for sale on http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetai...px?Item=1778480. The vendor claims that it is a second edition. No HRWs and no tummy cut, though. Am I confused or what.

Plus: The cutaway on the one "Amp Shop, Bass Exchange" sells is not as "pointy" as the one on mine. And the one on http://www.heritageguitar.com/models/H140CM.htm. It's a beauty, though. Perhaps for a player with not such a big belly 8)

I like the one on gbase very much. But then: How would you justify a second H140 when you don't have your dream H555 (or the H535 at http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetai...x?Item=1786594) yet?

Regards. And don't overeat during the holidays. Think guitars w/o belly cut. Karl

Mine sounds GREAT, I had an H-150 Gold Top with the Schaller humbuckers, this one has the Seymour/Seth P.A.F.s. Light weight, really comfortable to hold and play. I sold the H-150

dblazer

That is one tricked out H-150! What's up with those inlays!!! :o  And that finish is stunning!!!!!!  NIIIIIIIICE guitars there. Bet you got a pretty penny for that H-150.

Thanks. It's actually an H-140. They made 100 of them to celebrate their 10th anniversary in 1995. I think this might be the only left handed one.

Ebony fingerboard, "outline" trapazoids, matched, bound maple pickguard, one piece mahogany body with a belly cut, Seymour Duncan/Seth Lover 55 P.A.F. pickups, it's the nicest H-140 I ever saw, for sure.

Yeah, but he only disadvantage on these guitars is that everything was made the wrong way around ;D

HAHAHAHA ! ! !

I think Jay Wolfe has a righty in his collection, the second or third one, I don't think it's #001. Mine is definitely not goinging anywhere.

Archived