Heritage Owners Club

Nice deal on strings if you need em

paul144

http://stringdog.net/stringdog/tone_rockets.html

I bought a box of the .10s, they're great, come with extra E & B strings too.

I just ordered another box before they sell out.

As good or better than any I've tried so far, D'Addario, Ernie Ball, GHS, etc. No wait time for them to break in, they sound good as soon as you tune up...

I am looking for good prices on flat wounds

Strings break in?   ???

Anyway, I buy D'Addario and SIT strings by the box for less than that, so...

where?

less than 2.59 a set? Well the extra E&B strings can come in handy. They're the first to break.

I copied/pasted this in case someone here isn't a member at the Gear Page.

I find these a little easier to bend than D'Addarios. They have a return policy also in case they're not for you, look on the website for details.

StringDog Tone Rocket Strings Review

I have been searching for strings for quite a while, and recently tried String Dog Tone Rockets on my Heritage H-150 (Les Paul). In short, these strings are excellent. The set I tried was in 10-46. I found the StringDog's a bit brighter and tighter than my usual Ernie Ball Slinkys. For some reason they sounded "fresher" than new EB's. Longevity is good so far, as they have not had any adverse reaction to my acidic sweat (like GHS and Dean Markleys do). As with all strings, keep in mind that body chemistry plays a huge role in how well a string works for a player.

One huge plus is the free addition of an extra high E and B string in each pack. While comparing StringDogs to a guitar strung with Ernie Balls, I broke an Ernie Ball high E string and happily replaced it with the extra E in the StringDog pack. Looks like those extras might come in handy.

I suggest that everyone try a set! Yet another great offering from Joe Naylor and friends.

I tried a set of 9's and actually liked them over the usual D'Addario's that I haved used. I had them for awhile and waited to post my thoughts on them. They seem to be better balanced from top to bottom, last a long time, and stay in tune very well. They have great tone, as well. I ended up buying a box of 9's and 10's. They are a very good value and the price is excellent. The 9's went on my Strat and the 10's went on a Reverend Club King, semi-hollowbody. I'm not one to break strings, however, it is also a great bonus to have the addtional E and B strings for replacing broken or tired strings.

Thanks for your thoughts Gary, sounds like I need to get a pack of them! I also like the fact that they have the extra strings. I don't break strings very often when I play (in fact hardly ever) but I have broken them when switching to different open tunings. Those could come in handy!

Hey Voojo, I think that you'll like them. Some folks have compared them to SIT's, but, I think that these are a different formula. I like the tone better on these. They seem a touch warmer than SIT's to me. They're great on my Strat. I'll put them on my other guitars when they need strings.

I was using EXL115w D'addarios on my hollow-body to help mellow out the midrange. I like those strings on that guitar, although, they're about 50% higher than the Stringdogs. So, I tried the stringdogs and liked them. Once I run through all of the 10's, I may try the 11's, just to see if I like them better on that guitar.

To me, this is part of the fun of trying different things and see where it takes you.

I thought I'd revive this thread. I finally strung up my tester set of Stringdog strings on my Strat. I could not be more pleased with the strings after a couple weeks of playing. They still sound great, and they sounded great to begin with. I've used DAddarios for around 10 or 11 years without using anything else. I think the Tone Rockets sound better, especially right out of the package without breaking in. I've always thought the D'Addarios were a touch shrill sounding the first hour or so of playing, but these were snappy without sounding overly bright for new strings, which is especially a plus with my Strat and ASAT. I'll be buying more String Dog strings for sure once I burn through the last of my D'Addarios.

From the website: Nickel plated wrap over a tempered steel core for a great all purpose string.

Archived