Heritage Owners Club

TonePros installation

gopeteygo

Cool!  I'm very impressed with the results of the installation on my H150.  I just picked it up last night from my tech and the tone is MUCH stronger and more forward than before and there's nothing to rattle.  Yeah, the tailpiece doesn't come off and someone mentioned that with the Schallers the strings never have to touch the body, BUT....after removing the Schallers, there are very slight marks where the plastic string retainers had rested on the finish.  At any rate, I like the looks of it, much cleaner, less "clunky".  My tech said the biggest key to improvement is how the bridge screws all the way to it's own bottom, creating a more direct and solid path for resonance to the body.  It was a good sounding guitar before, but I gotta tell ya....I just didn't know what I was missing without these.  Even string tension seems it might be a slightly tighter.  YMMV, however, I'm very happy with it.  Now....I pick up my 535 tonight.    :glasses2:

TonePros is great stuff - never did care for the Schaller rollor bridge and klunky Schaller tail piece at all.

I'm glad I got rid of my schaller rollor bridge and the tailpiece on my 555. I'm now using a Duesenberg titanium bridge and an aluminium tailpiece and it sounds much better.

I even changed the bridge of my 150. It already had an aluminium tailpiece. Now I changed the bridge from brass to titanium. This helped, too. The sustain is better than it was before (and is was ok before, too). 

TonePros is great stuff - never did care for the Schaller rollor bridge and klunky Schaller tail piece at all.

Now we are 2 for 2 in agreements!!!  8) ;D

Now....I pick up my 535 tonight.    :glasses2:

What luck.... :P.  I called down the the music store to see if my tech was going to finish the 535 yesterday.  They said he was on the other line...would I like to hold.  Sure, I said.  Then somebody came back on and said he would be awhile....someone had just driven their car through the front of the building!  All my friends are ok there, but one narrowly escaped some pretty bad misfortune.  My guitar didn't get finished, nor was it damaged. 

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...ID=200990325055

There are plenty more pics on their myspace page if anybody's interested.  What a mess!

Small world!!! That's my music store!!! I saw that on the news last night and was glad I didn't make a trip in yesterday like I was thinking about doing. My first concern was for the parts department!! (j/k) And then figured since no one was hurt and they don't deal in G&L's or Heritage guitars they had it coming :) I figured the next time I went in I would tell them that was a warning shot and they best be thinking a dealership with either of the two fore mentioned companies if they wish to avoid further incident.

And in my attempt to not hijack the post. Tonepros are good. I is a fan! ;D

Small world!!! That's my music store!!! I saw that on the news last night and was glad I didn't make a trip in yesterday like I was thinking about doing. My first concern was for the parts department!! (j/k) And then figured since no one was hurt and they don't deal in G&L's or Heritage guitars they had it coming :) I figured the next time I went in I would tell them that was a warning shot and they best be thinking a dealership with either of the two fore mentioned companies if they wish to avoid further incident.

And in my attempt to not hijack the post. Tonepros are good. I is a fan! ;D

HA!  I've already tried talking Mickey into being a Heritage dealer.  He said he didn't think they'd sell here.  We don't have one in the area.  There's just St Louis and Hot Springs AFAIK.

If I'm the guy at the counter I'm asking for a raise after that. Recession or not, that job is dangerous and he obviously deserves to be properly compensated.  ;D

In all seriousness though, if that car hadn't been parked out front that would have been really bad. All in all, everyone is very lucky.

As long as no one was hurt, I guess we can laugh! It reminded me of that Midas commercial where the two employees are having their morning coffee and the guy slams through the front window and states that he thinks he needs new brakes. I also got a kick out of the final quote where Donovan stated that he was going to remodel the front of the store! Do you think?

What struck me is when you watch that video, to the left of the guy sitting is a computer built into the counter (theres a little square window in the counter) where Katie sits.  It happened to be her day off.  A couple people had called in sick.  If that car that got pushed in hadn't been there, the driver may have gone all the way through the store.  I just could have been SO much worse.  I've made some friends at that store am grateful that it wasn't!

Oh yeah, the 535 sounds great!  :)

Archived