Heritage Owners Club

To Haggle or Not To Haggle. That is the Question.

Hey, guys.

Ok, here's the scoop. I have narrowed my choice of amp down to two companies (it's between 3 amp models). One of the companies, which is the frontrunner in my mind now, deals factory-direct. Nobody carries their amps. You order from them direct. It is Reeves Amplification (which is like Hiwatt UK).

Has anyone here dealt with Reeves Amplification before? Are their prices soundly set or is there a little haggle room---say asking 10% off or something. Now I know I can just call them when I'm ready to purchase and offer them a price and they can just say, "Our prices are what our prices are" OR "Sure we can do 10% if you pay with a money order" or whatever. I just thought if someone is familiar with factory direct dealings or with Reeves in particular then why not throw this question out there to you guys and see what happens. Maybe I can get an edge. Maybe I'm asking the obvious, I don't know. I do know that Reeves has one of the best customer service reputations out there, though.

That classic Hiwatt sound is REALLY hard for me to get by. Magnificent tone. It's been haunting me.

Thanks guys.

Scott

Hey, guys.

Ok, here's the scoop. I have narrowed my choice of amp down to two companies (it's between 3 amp models). One of the companies, which is the frontrunner in my mind now, deals factory-direct. Nobody carries their amps. You order from them direct. It is Reeves Amplification (which is like Hiwatt UK).

Has anyone here dealt with Reeves Amplification before? Are their prices soundly set or is there a little haggle room---say asking 10% off or something. Now I know I can just call them when I'm ready to purchase and offer them a price and they can just say, "Our prices are what our prices are" OR "Sure we can do 10% if you pay with a money order" or whatever. I just thought if someone is familiar with factory direct dealings or with Reeves in particular then why not throw this question out there to you guys and see what happens. Maybe I can get an edge. Maybe I'm asking the obvious, I don't know. I do know that Reeves has one of the best customer service reputations out there, though.

That classic Hiwatt sound is REALLY hard for me to get by. Magnificent tone. It's been haunting me.

Thanks guys.

Scott

If it wasn't me, it was gonna be someone else.. So might as well get this over with. Everything you need to know is made clear from the clip below:

Haggle

If it wasn't me, it was gonna be someone else.. So might as well get this over with. Everything you need to know is made clear from the clip below:

Haggle

Pushover. Now that is funny. Classic. Very good. And probably the advice I was looking for anyway! If there was still Karma I'd give you +1.

I wonder if they have a forum? How about Harmony Central reviews? Someone out there in internet-land must have the answer to your quest!

I wonder if they have a forum? How about Harmony Central reviews? Someone out there in internet-land must have the answer to your quest!

Thundersteel, that's good advice. But I scoured Harmony Central already on Reeves and nobody talked about that aspect. But maybe I'll take your idea and apply it to a Reeves forum if I can find one. Thanks, Man! I was hopin' there would be at least ONE Reeves guy among us here.

I looked at the Reeves website, and I think they have a forum there.

Thundersteel, thanks for checking that out! I did the same and signed on. I also signed onto the Hiwatt forum, which has a Reeves section. I actually posted the question on the Hiwatt forum and the "king" of the place told me Reeves prices are set. That's ok because their prices are good and I'm not complaining about it. But it sure doesn't hurt to find out. Thanks again, Thundersteel. Imaginary karma +1.

Scoot

They must have the same pricing structure as Mesa/Boogie. They don't vary on their prices, either.

That's interesting. Mesa B is sold in certain stores, too, aren't they? I've noticed that in a lot of cases the boutique amps (the ones I've looked into) in stores will come down around 10% from the store price. It's all good. In the case of Reeves I'll gladly pay what they are asking for if I end up going with them. They are the real deal if you like that type of amp.

Archived