Heritage Owners Club

Heritage vs Hamer, fair competition?

proxmax

I purchased all my new Heritages from Jay. The nuts aren't perfect, and they have a few minor finish quirks, but other than that, they sound good and have that broken-in feeling.

I had some problems with an H157 I bought a few years ago, and Jay and Lane bent over backwards to make sure I was satisfied. I had to ship it to K-zoo twice to do it, but in the end it came out alright.

I had another problem with an H150LW I bought a couple years ago, but that has been posted before and I won't repeat it. I'm still kind of disgruntled about it, though.

But my Hamer I got a couple months ago is just like what Jay described earlier--and it's practically flawless! I'm almost afraid to play the darn thing!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I guess that naive soapbox has been shattered...shadoobee.

OUCH- that stings.

We're NOT perfect & don't pretend to be, but we do try very hard with little assistance from the guys in Kalamazoo. Those guys, whom we love & support- have old Gibson habits & they will not change. I play a Heritage & LOVE them. But to be clear- this is NOT anything close to a "naive soapbox" as we have returned to Heritage 8 guitars in just the past 10 weeks. This alarming fact can be verified so easily with a phone call. We're in hot water because of this issue, BUT we are in fact stocking and selling better Heritage Guitars, based on Heritage's own words & actions.

I hope this clears up a few things and I'm available to answer any question by telephone or direct e-mail, or right here.

Jay Wolfe

Whoa, a lot has transpired since I last checked! I'd just like to clarify something I said (the "naive soapbox has been shattered" comment I made). What I was referring to by "naive" was my seeming insinuation of perfection (or making every customer happy) from any business, in this case Wolfe. The word "shattered" was a bad choice of word because I was really aiming at one element of what I said; that being that everything is perfect at Wolfe (it isn't in any business, as we all know). I'm confident that what I said previous to that about Wolfe is the norm. I've heard too many positives about Wolfe Guitar from various sources to be dissuaded by a few disappointments. Sorry if what I said was expressed poorly.

Now back to the Hamer/Heritage program...

Well, I guess that naive soapbox has been shattered...shadoobee.

OUCH- that stings.

We're NOT perfect & don't pretend to be, but we do try very hard with little assistance from the guys in Kalamazoo. Those guys, whom we love & support- have old Gibson habits & they will not change. I play a Heritage & LOVE them. But to be clear- this is NOT anything close to a "naive soapbox" as we have returned to Heritage 8 guitars in just the past 10 weeks. This alarming fact can be verified so easily with a phone call. We're in hot water because of this issue, BUT we are in fact stocking and selling better Heritage Guitars, based on Heritage's own words & actions.

I hope this clears up a few things and I'm available to answer any question by telephone or direct e-mail, or right here.

Jay Wolfe

Whoa, a lot has transpired since I last checked! I'd just like to clarify something I said (the "naive soapbox has been shattered" comment I made). What I was referring to by "naive" was my seeming insinuation of perfection (or making every customer happy) from any business, in this case Wolfe. To say the "soapbox was shattered" was a bad choice of words because I was really aiming at one element of what I said; that being that everything is perfect at Wolfe (it isn't in any business, as we all know). I'm confident that what I said about Wolfe is the norm. I've heard too many positives about Wolfe Guitar from various sources to be dissuaded by a few disappointments. Sorry if what I said was expressed poorly.

Now back to the Hamer/Heritage program...

Oh, and, uh...I thought the post above didn't go through because I was editing it. This is the edited version. Ok, done.

Archived