Heritage Owners Club

are heritage guitars double laminated?

proxmax

The laminate for the laminated construction guitars is more than two layers and is built up in the factory, not purchased. The flitches they use for their laminate layers are high quality, figured woods. From what I saw, they do not use inferior grade wood for the laminate tops.

i ment the h 150.

The solid body guitars with maple caps are just that, thick maple caps. You can see in the bouts that, like vintage Gibbons, the binding follows the contour of the top and does not extend to the body wood (Hamer, on the other hand, runs the binding all the way to the body/cap seam so you don't see that little half-moon of maple). The thickness of the back varies from model to model, but the top, IIRC, starts out .75" (or maybe it was .50"?) thick and is carved and sanded to shape.

That's a cool pic.

Apparently there is a reason mars_hall is the gallery mod, eh? I had no idea that picture even existed. I wonder how they decide which way to orient the grain of the backs. I see the second, third, seventh and eighth (from the top) all look like the grain points down, while on the others it points up. Any corksniffers want to opine on what effect that has on tone? Heh.

Archived