Heritage Owners Club

But who will carry on the Heritage legacy?

Kazwell

It's good to hear the buzz of optimism going around this forum since the recent article came out. Talk of how maybe things will turn around. Maybe they will implement more QC. Better order flow etc.

But as we know, the reality is, the team up there isn't getting any younger. Who is going to be there to carry the torch if and when these new production improvements are finally implemented?

Perhaps right now those core guys should be making it a priority to develop new luthiers and teach them the skills they have aquired over the years.

Maybe they already are. Does anyone have any knowledge of this taking place-or if not, is it at least in the planning stages?

I don't know anything about the future, BUT I would do my shopping BEFORE Ren retires! He absolutely rules Heritage. Nobody can take S*** with out asking Ren how to do it.

Just my opinion.

I think they may have finally taken succession planning seriously within the company. It's one of the more important things that any business needs to insure their future. They should have been doing it 10 or more years ago but as those of us in our 50's or 60's know all too well - time slips away.  When they opened back up for production last Fall they announced that not a single employee was lost due to the layoff - so it would seem that they have a loyal group. Let's hope that many of the younger ones will take an interest in assuming a leadership role and carry on the "Heritage"

Archived