Heritage Owners Club

Fender Princeton Chorus

There's one for sale here locally, and I was wondering if it's a good deal or not. Is it a good amp, or should I stay away? Any opinions appreciated!

The seller is asking $225 for it. This is from the ad:

"Never used and excellent condition Fender Princeton Chorus Guitar amp. This amp is USA made and designed, very nice quality. It has basically been in the closet for several years and never used. There are no nicks, no scratches, no dings, non smoking and comes with the Fender Foot switch. This amp is loaded with features, 2 10" Fender speakers, 2 channels, bass, treble, midboost, presence, mid switch, gain, limiter, reverb, Chorus with depth and rate, channel select, 2 inputs, footswitch will switch between clean and lead channels and also switch Chorus. This amp sounds excellent, natural, musical and the excellent Fender sound, open, chimey and very very flexible. It is basically unsused."

Whaddya think?

I understand the desire for a tube amp, but let me tell ya something..A few years back I had a Fender Ultimate Chorus Amp..It was solid state, but for playing clean rhythm it was AWESOME!! I used it a lot....My 2 cents..Rock On

• 3 weeks later...

You're wrong to think that any tube amp will be better than the PC. This is a great amp for the money. USA made built quality, very nice clean sound and a genuine stereo chorus included (much better than standard pedals). I just replaced mine with a Jazz King and I was stunned that it's not a night & day difference at all. I've tried an Epi VJr head + cab and it sounded so much worse. To add some tube character, I use an EHX TubeEQ in the FX loop. Works great with both the PC and JK. For that price, you can't go wrong with the Princeton Chorus.

Archived