Heritage Owners Club

140 or 150? That is the question...

cosmikdebriis

Hi...

I've had my 140 for a whole 3 days now and I like it a lot. My only concern is the thickness (or rather lack of) the body which is taking some getting used to. Anyway, as it's got P90's and I really like the unique sound, kinda "barks" or is that "quacks". So I have the perfect excuse to keep this one and buy another humbucker equipped Heritage. I'm full of crap excuses to keep buying guitars, just don't tell the missus. :rolleyes:

So... I was wondering if anyone who had both, a 140 and a 150 could compare them for me?

Also, on the models with a bound neck, do Heritages have fret edge binding like a... Oh Oh... Gonna have to say it... Gib***... Whew... May have got away with it... 

I'm going to start another thread for my next question...

Also, on the models with a bound neck, do Heritages have fret edge binding like a... Oh Oh... Gonna have to say it... Gib***... Whew... May have got away with it... 

Yes they do!

I don't know if my comparison will help you, but here goes...  My 140 is an 88, and has great tone, sustain.  It is also much grittier than my 150, but I think that is a difference in pups.  I just bought the 140 a few weeks ago, and haven't pulled the pups yet.  My 150 is an '06, and has SD 59's in it.  I think the 150 is a little more versatile than the 140.  It can have sweet "acoustic" sounds, and absolutely scream for 80's metal!  The 140 also has a nice "acoustic" sound, but not as full as the 150.  I also think the 150 has just a tad more bottom end to it.  But I think most of the difference is due to the pickups.  If you like the 140, I think you will love a 150!

Archived