Heritage Owners Club

Has anyone played an Epiphone Valve Senior Amp?

pegleg32

I received my Reicter 5E3-G yesterday and it is one very fine amp. But I got started cruising amps and I can't stop!!!! I ran across the Epiphone Valve Senior amp and it looks interesting. I'm wondering if any one has played one and what they thought. Muscians Friend has it at $360:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...-Amp?sku=620579

• 1 month later...

I played one about a month ago. It really was not my thing. It seemed a little lifeless, kind of generic sounding. I found many of it's price point competitors to be a better sound. The Epi Blues Custom sounded better but was a little more expensive. Along with the Peavey classic series. They sounded much better.

I played one about a month ago. It really was not my thing. It seemed a little lifeless, kind of generic sounding. I found many of it's price point competitors to be a better sound. The Epi Blues Custom sounded better but was a little more expensive. Along with the Peavey classic series. They sounded much better.

i really liked my Peavey Classic 50..just a bit heavy that's all..i might consider a Classic 30 if i came across some extra $$..

Archived