Heritage Owners Club

Extension Speaker Cabinet

blueox

Anyone out there know of a decent (new) 8-ohm extension speaker cab loaded with 4 10s?

Check out Avatar Speakers. They are built well, and look and sound good.

I have one of their 2x10s, and it rocks!

Super!! That is a timely tip for me also TS. I've been looking for a 15" speaker cab and these guys are only about 180 miles away. That's like in the back yard in this country. Thanks for the tip.

I was just at the Avatar website and it it appears that they have reduced their choices to 1-12", 2-12", & 4-12", no more 2-10" or 4-10" cabs. I've got two Avatar 4-10" cabs myself and they are rather nice cabs, to bad they don't sell them anymore.

You can get 10" 12" & 15" X 1-2-4 empty cabs at Lopoline though, and their quality & pricing is on par with Avatar. You can also get custom options & cabs from Lopo. For instance I recently got one of their 2-12" vintage cabs with the baffle cut for a 1-15" rather then 2-12"s and there was no upcharge for the change.

PS, Ignore my previous post I tried to edit it but was told I didn't have permission. :unsure:

LOL, now if I could just pay to have my posts edited correctly by someone who knew something about the subject I'm writing about. WHAAAT!!

Seriously though, thanks for that website also t0. I inquired to the Avatar guys, will see if I get a negative from them. The Lopo site is advertising what I want so I could end up there for sure. Thanks to both TS and t0.

Thanks, gentlemen. Egnater makes a 4x10 cab using 1065 Celestion speakers, and I am interested in any alternatives, so I'll check out your leads.

no question for me: Mather cabs. Peter makes the best cabs & at incredible prices w/quick turnaround (typically a couple weeks for a custom order). i've got 4 of 'em right now, am getting a 1x8 soon (clear pine, tung oil finish, recessed handle), planning on a 1x15 for later this year to house my Weber Michigan AlNiCo

I absolutely agree!

Peter is a master builder, charges fair prices and delivers when he says he will. He built me a custom cabinet for my 5E3 (see below). He is now building a custom 1x12 for me now ( a small 18x16x10 open back for a Weber 12A150A).

:-)

Bob

no question for me: Mather cabs. Peter makes the best cabs & at incredible prices w/quick turnaround (typically a couple weeks for a custom order). i've got 4 of 'em right now, am getting a 1x8 soon (clear pine, tung oil finish, recessed handle), planning on a 1x15 for later this year to house my Weber Michigan AlNiCo

post-555-1263245728_thumb.jpgpost-555-1263245744_thumb.jpg

If interested, here's the Egnater link.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to steal the thread. Just wanted to mention that I received the Bumbox w/15" eminence from Pete. I love it. Pete was just excellent to deal with and the deal went down like clockwork. Very pleased all around!!

FYI...

New compact 18" x 16" x 10" Peter Mather cabinet. : blonde tolex, pine construction, 22 lb. loaded, open backed, 8 ohm Weber 12A150A. He made it to match my Li'l Dawg D-Lux Head.

none better than Mather IMHO & his pricing is most xlnt & his turnaround time is usually 2 weeks or so. i'm planning on a slant-front 1x15 later this year

I don't want to steal the thread. Just wanted to mention that I received the Bumbox w/15" eminence from Pete. I love it. Pete was just excellent to deal with and the deal went down like clockwork. Very pleased all around!!

hey, Don, whatcha gonna up with it? enjoy!

i've got a Torres combo that Dan made for me w/2 baffles. this got me jonein' on the 15, so i did the swap this afternoon. JTM45 circuit through a Weber AlNiCo Michigan 14...good times...

Archived