Heritage Owners Club

serial decoding / leap years

Martin59

Hi folks,

about a year ago I have bought a H555 with serial Y31805

using the decoding guideline it looks to me that it is the 5th guitar build on saturday the 16th of February 2008. Am I right or should the decoding be extended for leap years; counting with 366 days instead of 365. In that case it would have been build on Sunday the 17th.

Thanks for your answer!

regards,

Martin

Hi,

I also mailed heritageguitar@kalamazoo.net with the same question.

They replied me Feb 18, 2008 is the manufactured date. (= 49th day of the year instead of the 47th as calculated out of the serial#)

regards,

Martin

Hi folks,

about a year ago I have bought a H555 with serial Y31805

using the decoding guideline it looks to me that it is the 5th guitar build on saturday the 16th of February 2008. Am I right or should the decoding be extended for leap years; counting with 366 days instead of 365. In that case it would have been build on Sunday the 17th.

Thanks for your answer!

regards,

Martin

Hi,

I also mailed heritageguitar@kalamazoo.net with the same question.

They replied me Feb 18, 2008 is the manufactured date. (= 49th day of the year instead of the 47th as calculated out of the serial#)

regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Well, first, welcome to the HoC. Would dearly love to see some pics of your H555 - or did I miss them somewhere?

I don't think that math works out, tho'. Even 366 days in the year puts your guitar built on a Sunday, like you previously posted. Wonder what kinda math them boys is using in K'zoo? :)

And don't forget, post pics.

Archived