Heritage Owners Club

Valvetrain Amplifiers

Just picked up a new Valvetrain Lexington Reverb amp. 5 Watts with a 1 1/2 watt switch on the back as well as a raw switch that cuts out the tone control. It has an Eminence Red Coat Ramrod 10" speaker and an extra 4 ohm speaker output on the back. This has been one of the best amp purchases that I have ever made. I own a lot of amps but after all of these years I have superb quality handbuilt amp that is small, light and I can take it to practice or any small gig and this baby really puts out the sound. You should check out their website www.valvetrainamps.com and also their YouTube video demos of their amps. Some of them are done by Kalamazoo native and former Gibson employee and Heritage endorsing player Jeff DeHollander, a great player. Valve train makes a lot of great models as well as amps for harp players, and check out that tortured tweed covering on some of their vintage models, awesome!

agree heartily. tried a little Concord at CBPerkins recently and was very impressed. 5w, handwired in Florida (not far from Wolfe's, i think), all made in USA & <$500. combo has a 1x10". sweet. breaks up later than a Champ (SS rectifier), which is great for me. even had two ext. spkr outs (?!). Erick @ CBP is real pumped about Valvetrain and is gonna get the Trenton in next.

Just picked up a new Valvetrain Lexington Reverb amp. 5 Watts with a 1 1/2 watt switch on the back as well as a raw switch that cuts out the tone control. It has an Eminence Red Coat Ramrod 10" speaker and an extra 4 ohm speaker output on the back. This has been one of the best amp purchases that I have ever made. I own a lot of amps but after all of these years I have superb quality handbuilt amp that is small, light and I can take it to practice or any small gig and this baby really puts out the sound. You should check out their website www.valvetrainamps.com and also their YouTube video demos of their amps. Some of them are done by Kalamazoo native and former Gibson employee and Heritage endorsing player Jeff DeHollander, a great player. Valve train makes a lot of great models as well as amps for harp players, and check out that tortured tweed covering on some of their vintage models, awesome!

In the quest for my first tube amp the Valvetrains are in my top 3 favorites. Fantastic sounding! I like how they have the Revolutionary series of amps that are kick butt and affordable; and their higher end stuff is still reasonably priced. Congrats on the nice pickup, Orangepicker!

How do you like the "raw" switch on that thing?

In the quest for my first tube amp the Valvetrains are in my top 3 favorites. Fantastic sounding! I like how they have the Revolutionary series of amps that are kick butt and affordable; and their higher end stuff is still reasonably priced. Congrats on the nice pickup, Orangepicker!

How do you like the "raw" switch on that thing?

The raw switching is just a nice little extra on this amp. If I just use the guitar I like the tone control but if I am using an overdrive and want certain rock tones it works nicely to just switch to raw for some great vintage rock tones. I also pug it into a cabinet with a 4 ohm, 15 watt Jensen and gives it some great bottom end. I am working on the the Valvetrain guys to become Heritage dealers, they have their own retail music store right next door called Wekiva Music, I am the Heritage rep for FL,GA,NC and SC. To answer a previous comment, Jay Wolfe is over 3 hours from ValveTrain and Wekiva Music.

• 2 weeks later...
The raw switching is just a nice little extra on this amp. If I just use the guitar I like the tone control but if I am using an overdrive and want certain rock tones it works nicely to just switch to raw for some great vintage rock tones. I also pug it into a cabinet with a 4 ohm, 15 watt Jensen and gives it some great bottom end. I am working on the the Valvetrain guys to become Heritage dealers, they have their own retail music store right next door called Wekiva Music, I am the Heritage rep for FL,GA,NC and SC. To answer a previous comment, Jay Wolfe is over 3 hours from ValveTrain and Wekiva Music.

By the way, is there a footswitch to engage the "raw" switch? Sounds like a cool amp to me..

:hijacked:

Can't help it but every time I see the original poster's handle, I think of the joke about the doctor whose patient is a Cheetos addict.

Checked out the clip. Nice sounding amps

Ok, Ok. I'll bite: tell the joke! ...

Archived