Heritage Owners Club

Great new tool.

t0aj15

I figured this belongs in the amp section. I've been wanting to go wireless for years now and have already had a couple of units that I've found to be sorely lacking for various reasons. I've finally found one that delivers what others have promised for years. My new Line 6 Relay G30 was delivered yesterday and I must say I'm very impressed. It's not "just as good a cable", IMO it's better then any of my cables. In fact after using this unit for a couple hours I'd hate to have to go back to using a cable. If your in the market for a wireless unit I would strongly suggest you give one of these a try. There are three different models, two pedals & one rack mount. The low priced model has 6 selectable channels and a 100' range, the mid priced model has 12 channels and a 200' range and the rack mount version has 12 channels and a 300' range. The reviews I read claim they all sound identical so I bought the lowest priced model, first because 6 channels is plenty for me and second because 100' is more then enough range for me. They also have a selector switch that allows you to try and match the sound of your cable, but it sounds to me as though it just attenuates the highs at various settings. I prefer the unattenuated sound I wasn't getting with the cable so I just leave that feature turned off. They claim 8 hr battery life for the transmitter but I haven't used up the supplied batteries yet so I don't know how well a pair of coppertops will do. Here's a link. Line 6

Cool!! I was thinking of getting the same model. And for pretty much the same reasons - never liked what the other "affordable" units did to my tone. Always seemed squashed and compressed. Be sure to check back in with it in a week or even after a gig. Would love to hear a live report. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Cool!! I was thinking of getting the same model. And for pretty much the same reasons - never liked what the other "affordable" units did to my tone. Always seemed squashed and compressed. Be sure to check back in with it in a week or even after a gig. Would love to hear a live report. :lol:

Ditto..I'd love to hear a real world report! Line 6 stuff in my experience has been excellent..

Archived