Heritage Owners Club

I own a 150/157 and a LP Std/Custom and the difference is ???

cosmikdebriis

Hi... Guys.

The purpose of this post is to try and get (as far as possible) an objective discussion going on the relative merits and de merits of the two guitar brands. I appreciate that for some of you guys Gib**n is a swear word but please try and be honest in your opinions. :-*

Bear in mind that it's not just HOC members that read these posts so perhaps someone, undecided as what to purchase, will get a little help. 8)

Try and include as many aspect of the guitar as possible. sound, construction, finish, price etc (Kinda like Harmony central but a comparison).

For the moment, I'd like to stick to 150/157 and LP Std/Custom. Hollow bodies may come later or by someone else on a different post.

It's a bit unfair for me to compare my 140 with P90's to my "Gib**n by Norlin" LP STD so I'll have to wait till my lovely 150 turns up.

Did I mention my 150 ;D...          What...  ???        On several posts already... :rolleyes:            Sorry :P

OK, I've owned all of those, so I suppose I can give you my opinion.

Based on MY experience, the Gibsons have slightly better finish quality. Mine have no fret file marks, and the binding workmanship is perfect. Plus, they have a lifetime warranty.

However, my Heritages have that certain "something" that the Gibsons just don't have. They play better, sound better, and have that handmade mojo going for them. In addtion, if you call them, you talk to the actual owners of the company, not some ditzy secretary in a cubicle farm. I just wish their warranty was longer than a year!

Out of curiosity, how is the playability of the Heritage necks vs. Gibson's?  I ask because the heel on the Gibson LP necks is kind of a pain.  That, and the better fret access of a DC design over a SC, is actually why I went with a Hamer Studio over a Les Paul design.  Still, more mass pretty much equals that thick, deep, fat, fill-in-adjective, sort of sound that I am really craving, hence my H-150 questions (which I greatly appreciate the replies to).  I can get over the neck heel if I have to, but I would rather not.  Not sure if Heritage has that neck heel, or if they offer a blended heel.

Sorry.  That did not help with the original post.  However I AM interested in how the necks tend to be different a/o better than Gibson's.

-Cheers

Sorry.  That did not help with the original post.  However I AM interested in how the necks tend to be different a/o better than Gibson's.

-Cheers

Certainly no need to apologise. The point of this thread and many others on the HOC was to provide exactly this sort of information.

Glad to be of service ;D

Archived