Heritage Owners Club

Would it make sense to put Seth Lovers in my 87 H575

Jazzerous

I have a 87 H575 with the stock black Schallers and I am wondering if it would be a good move to change to Seth Lovers or a different set of pups. Can somebody help with this please? I have changed the strings from the 1993 flatwounds to D Addarios chromes 12 flatwounds to Thomastic -Infeld Jazz Swing 12/50 flatwounds. I ordered some Thomastik George Benson roundwound 12/53but havn't come in yet. The DA chromes sounded better than the old flatwounds and the Thomastiks sound brighter more like my 535 without the sustain I heard a demo by Mr Hale with a new H575 Spruce top that had the Seth Lovers in it and it sounded great to me. but wondering if the top being a Maple instead of Spruce would sound that much different? Does anybody have a 575 with Maple top and Seth Lovers ? I have Seth Lovers in my 535 and love them in it but before I order some for the 575 I figured I'd ask what others have learned??? I am using a Mesa Boogie Lonestar Classic with 6L6's running clean for Amplification and I have had the stock pups adjusted by my Luthier.

post-1901-1272146347_thumb.jpg

My 575 has a maple top and Seth Lovers and it is VERY warm and VERY bass oriented.

I was actually considering HRWs to get a little more Hi-fi sound because the Seth neck is very warm. The Seth bridge can be a bit too bright and thin for my tastes, but I generally don't use the bridge pup alone on the 575.

FWIW, I use the GB Thomastic round wounds 12-52 and they sound incredible with the Seths!

Picture back at you!

Web1.jpg

Archived