Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Neck shape/size

koula901

Hi Folks,

I'm plotting and planning getting a lefty H 137 by next year (good ol' tax returns). I know that the way that they send them out now (60s neck), without any special request, are too thin for me. My H 150 is fine, I ordered it "slighly bigger than the 60s neck" but I think the person who ordered it for me might have said "chunky". . . I made sure to emphasize *not* as big as a '59 baseball bat neck, but not as thin as a 60s. Anyway, I don't know if there's a way to order the H 137 with a slighly less chunky neck than my 150 is now. I've looked at the web site and don't see any descriptions about a neck size/shape. When I odered my Suhr, there are specifics on the web page, about thickness, shape, measurements, etc. Does Heritage have ways of describing their necks like, C shape, etc. Or is one at the mercy of whom ever is ordering for you, and the words they use, and how the person on the receiving end interprets the description?

Heritage is a custom shop. You can order just about any neck shape you want within reason. The challenge is - what do you want and how do you explain it to them? I've custom ordered two Heritages through the years with necks to my specifications: the first one missed - I wanted a C shape and got a D shape. The second one nailed it. As for off the rack Heritage neck shapes, I've seen the whole spectrum from thin to thick, C to D shape, haven't seen a V shape though.

Archived