Heritage Owners Club

Amps

Tim

Excuse my stupidity, but, whatever happened to Heritage Amps? I tried the link and it gets me to a general page saying the domain may be for sale. Are Heritage amps history? If so, and assuming that these were being manufactured for Heritage, does anyone know who the amp-maker might be?

Excuse my stupidity, but, whatever happened to Heritage Amps? I tried the link and it gets me to a general page saying the domain may be for sale. Are Heritage amps history? If so, and assuming that these were being manufactured for Heritage, does anyone know who the amp-maker might be?

I guess I found the answer. Heritage Amps of Tenn is no longer producing amplifiers. Bummer! I was kind of interested.

http://www.jhalemusic.com/pages/heritageAmps.html

The Heritage amps were made in Nashville if I'm correct and marketed by Lane Zastrow who used to be Heritage Guitars marketing guy. Lane is now with G&L and G&L has a new line of amps. Not sure if they are made by the same guys who made the Heritage amps or not, but chances are good.

The Heritage amps were made in Nashville if I'm correct and marketed by Lane Zastrow who used to be Heritage Guitars marketing guy. Lane is now with G&L and G&L has a new line of amps. Not sure if they are made by the same guys who made the Heritage amps or not, but chances are good.

There are a few Heritage amps on eBay right now, at decent prices. B)

• 1 month later...

roaming this thread & adding what i know:

- Lane was the owner or co-owner of Heritage Amps (outside Nashville) while he was marketing guy for Heritage Guitars. That's the only connection between the two companies.

- the G&L amp seems to have been orphaned by G&L, but wasn't a PaulC design anyway...

- Paul C. is not only the designer, but a builder of the amps, along with a few other folks, including Shawn Purcell, whose jazzy vids have been featured here. The quality of their work is second to none, as attested by other builders on The Gear Page (TGP) & elsewhere.

- there are a few amps (Victory combo, Patriot combo, Colonial head) for sale now on TGP for insanely (IMHO) low prices ($950-1150)

- Heritage Amps never "closed its doors", per se', but has been shutdown for a couple years now (since May '08?)

- the cabinet maker was Peter Mather, who continues his excellent work in Nashville

I got the Patriot that is mentioned above. Had to trade my tresured G&L Blues Boy for it, but it was well worth it! This amp is KILLER!!!

I have owned two Heritage guitars in the past. A 140 trans amber, Couldn't get a friendly feel for the guitar. The second, a 150 that had a natural ONE piece top that was flamed and curly maple. It depended how you viewed the guitar as how it looked. Sounded great with the HWR pickups with coil splitters, but again, I couldn't get a loving feel for the guitar! Guess I'm just an ASAT gut at heart! :D

I got the Patriot that is mentioned above. Had to trade my tresured G&L Blues Boy for it, but it was well worth it! This amp is KILLER!!!

I have owned two Heritage guitars in the past. A 140 trans amber, Couldn't get a friendly feel for the guitar. The second, a 150 that had a natural ONE piece top that was flamed and curly maple. It depended how you viewed the guitar as how it looked. Sounded great with the HWR pickups with coil splitters, but again, I couldn't get a loving feel for the guitar! Guess I'm just an ASAT gut at heart! :D

congrats on a good decision (IMHO, of course) & great amp. there'll be more guits down the road for you & they'll all sound great thru a Patriot

;)

congrats on a good decision (IMHO, of course) & great amp. there'll be more guits down the road for you & they'll all sound great thru a Patriot

;)

Thank you! I have noticed that this amp loves humbuckers and single coils alike. I'll replace the Blues boy one day and I know that it will sound fantastic through this amp.

Archived