Heritage Owners Club

575 Neck PU location

Donelson

Anyone know why Heritage, on the 575 model, chose to put the neck PU hard by the fingerboard instead of leaving that big gap that's on the Gibson ES175? (I've owned several ES175's over the years.)

I like the gap as that's where I normally pick the strings. I have gotten used to the 575 now & with the PU lowered a bit I'm OK.

P.S. I'm a new member. Guitarist for 40 years. My first Heritage was bought two years ago. H575 Custom. Love it! Fantastic guitar for jazz.

Anyone know why Heritage, on the 575 model, chose to put the neck PU hard by the fingerboard instead of leaving that big gap that's on the Gibson ES175? (I've owned several ES175's over the years.)

I like the gap as that's where I normally pick the strings. I have gotten used to the 575 now & with the PU lowered a bit I'm OK.

P.S. I'm a new member. Guitarist for 40 years. My first Heritage was bought two years ago. H575 Custom. Love it! Fantastic guitar for jazz.

We had a thread on this topic a while back. Don't think we came up with a definitive answer, but the arch on the top of the 175 is considerably different than the 575 --you couldn't put a pickup hard against the neck on a 175.

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/i...ic=6228&hl=

Welcone to HOC ... or at least to those sad few of us who couldn't make it to Kalamazoo this year.

Not sure what the original design decision was but the 575, really, is

more related to the Gibson L-4CES which also has a carved top

and the pickup right at the bass of the neck.

That's very informative & interesting to me.

I almost bought an L4 back in the 90's. From a little store on 48th St. NYC, I think it's defunct now. It looked like a 175 but had fancier construction, but no pickups. Cutaway. Nice sound acoustically. Man, I pondered that one hard. I brought the pianist from my gig over there to look at it on a break, & he advised me to cop it. I could have bought it if I had blown off the rent & bills. Seems like it was going for $1100. I think it had been refinished or something. Someone else out there is probably very happy with that axe.

I'm very happy with the H575 custom. Sounds fantastic, almost ideal to my ears.. I wish it had a wider nut though.

Thanks to all for the replies. I'll post more queries soon, as I have numerous questions about the wonderful but mysterious Heritages.

I'm very happy with the H575 custom. Sounds fantastic, almost ideal to my ears.. I wish it had a wider nut though.

You have to specify that when you order, you can have the wider nut/fingerboard for a slight upcharge.

Archived