Heritage Owners Club

Thomastik Strings

peacemaker

So, I've got a big audition coming up. It's mainly a rock gig, but some jazz as well. What should I string my 575 with? The Thomastik George Benson rounds or the DR Pure Blues pure nickels? Are the roundwound Thomastiks capable of getting a more edgy rock sound or do they sound more like flats with a tiny more edge? I'm sure they'll feel better . . . they look and feel awesome out of the package without even being on the guitar yet! ^_^

So, I've got a big audition coming up. It's mainly a rock gig, but some jazz as well. What should I string my 575 with? The Thomastik George Benson rounds or the DR Pure Blues pure nickels? Are the roundwound Thomastiks capable of getting a more edgy rock sound or do they sound more like flats with a tiny more edge? I'm sure they'll feel better . . . they look and feel awesome out of the package without even being on the guitar yet! ^_^

Good luck with the audition. Just occupy your spot, play your best . . . and project attitude. No one will ever ask you what type of strings were on your guitar whether you smoke the audition, or stink it up. Learn your tunes . . . and play like you've been playing them with that band for 10 years! And, like my Mom always used to tell me; "make sure you wear clean underwear, just in case you get hit by a car and have to go to the hospital and take off your pants".

Archived