Heritage Owners Club

NGD: Traded my 150 for a 535

slider313

Of all the guitars I have, I love my 535 the most. If I could only have One guitar, it would have to be a 535. My 535 compares to nothing else that I have. It is one special guitar. A big shout out to all of the 535 owners out there, you know what I mean.

i'm loving mine more everyday..I'm getting the action where I want it, and the pickups sound killer!! :D

Well, it's no secret the thinline semi solid guitars were Gibby's "bread and butter" line from '58 through the mid 70's. Heritage could claim the same from '87 through today.

Yeppy!!

Well, I just ordered a set of the yet be released Tom Short "Fleetwood" A4 Tombuckers for my 535. His stock wind is 7.4K neck and 8.4K bridge but I know what I like so I ordered a low wind set of 6.9-7.0 neck and 7.9-8.0 bridge. Tone report to follow.

Well, I just ordered a set of the yet be released Tom Short "Fleetwood" A4 Tombuckers for my 535. His stock wind is 7.4K neck and 8.4K bridge but I know what I like so I ordered a low wind set of 6.9-7.0 neck and 7.9-8.0 bridge. Tone report to follow.

Sounds like you know what you want. I looked at the Seymour Duncan site for comparison: Seth Lover - Neck: 7.2 k Bridge: 8.1 k, '59 - Neck: 7.43 k Bridge: 8.13 k & Pearly Gates - Neck: 7.3 k Bridge: 8.35 k. Just looking at the numbers, they should be smooooth. Building pickups is such a complicated science, so many variables. I've never even heard of those pickups. I will eagerly look forward the the tone report. Sounds cool.

Good luck,

Mark

Sounds like you know what you want. I looked at the Seymour Duncan site for comparison: Seth Lover - Neck: 7.2 k Bridge: 8.1 k, '59 - Neck: 7.43 k Bridge: 8.13 k & Pearly Gates - Neck: 7.3 k Bridge: 8.35 k. Just looking at the numbers, they should be smooooth. Building pickups is such a complicated science, so many variables. I've never even heard of those pickups. I will eagerly look forward the the tone report. Sounds cool.

Good luck,

Mark

A few of the players here have Tom's pickups in their guitars. Maybe they'll chime in. Here's Tom's website.

http://www.tomshortshandmadepickups.com

A few of the players here have Tom's pickups in their guitars. Maybe they'll chime in. Here's Tom's website.

http://www.tomshortshandmadepickups.com

Tom Short is to pickups, what Heritage is to guitars.

Very affordable, sound great, willing to work with you until you are completely satisfied.

GREAT guy. Call him and he will call you right back. That is the best way to do business with him.

Archived