Heritage Owners Club

Price check: '66 Super Reverb...

GuitArtMan

Hey guys, I know the economy is down right now. Just trying to get a feeler for the value of my amp. Not playing it these days and it deserves to be played and I got my eyes on some other gear...

It's a '66 Super Reverb. Chassis, speakers, wiring harness are all original, the box, reverb tank (I think) and foot switch are repros. It's in mint condition except for a scratch on the face plate (original not repro) and looks and sounds great. With a Tuki padded cover. It's been stored in the sound room (interior) of my church and used about twice in the past 8 or 9 years. Caps and tubes (NOS I believe) were all replaced then and have had little playing time on them. It's jut too much amp for my needs. The amp was restored by Jeff Snider of Snider amps and I purchased it from the old Jeffs Guitars here in San Diego about 10 years ago.

Yes, the economy has knocked down prices and more players are going for the portability factor. That said, I've seen straight '66 Super Reverbs' in exc.- condition going for anywhere between $1350-$1650. The repro cab is going to be a big deciding factor to any prospective buyer. The newer reverb tank, not so much. I would say $1100-$1200 if all the transformers are original.

Yes, the economy has knocked down prices and more players are going for the portability factor. That said, I've seen straight '66 Super Reverbs' in exc.- condition going for anywhere between $1350-$1650. The repro cab is going to be a big deciding factor to any prospective buyer. The newer reverb tank, not so much. I would say $1100-$1200 if all the transformers are original.

"sounds" about right to me. ask more, if original CTS AlNiCo speakers

"sounds" about right to me. ask more, if original CTS AlNiCo speakers

While the CTS alnico speakers are, IMHO, the best thing you can have in any Super Reverb; the newer cabinet is a BIG deterrent to anyone in the market for a vintage amp. Personally, I would much rather have the original cabinet without the original speakers than the other way around. I still say $1100-$1200 max, if you want the amp to sell.

Archived