Heritage Owners Club

Pictures!

JWALKER

I expect to be finally getting my first two H guitars next week. So when I get them, I will try to put up pictures. However, I have tried this on the free market area here at HOC, and my son, who is as tech savy as most people, and I could not figure out how to downsize the pictures to be uploaded here on HOC. Not complaining, but this is usually done automatically elsewhere. So, can anyone out there walk a newbie through the process of uploading pictures here on HOC?

I expect to be finally getting my first two H guitars next week. So when I get them, I will try to put up pictures. However, I have tried this on the free market area here at HOC, and my son, who is as tech savy as most people, and I could not figure out how to downsize the pictures to be uploaded here on HOC. Not complaining, but this is usually done automatically elsewhere. So, can anyone out there walk a newbie through the process of uploading pictures here on HOC?

Why not make your images web friendly to start out with? 72dpi, about 1000px wide; 800px wide is even better. There is plenty of free software floating around that will resize those images for you.

There are two ways to display images in posts on the HoC. The best way is to have them in a web folder. Right click the image, go to properties and capture the image location.

post-220-1283440418_thumb.jpg

Use them image button to access the web.

post-220-1283440715_thumb.jpg

The other method is to save them to a folder on your own computer and use the image uploader built into the forum.

post-220-1283440543_thumb.jpg

I just upload mine to Photobucket

and link them. No resizing nececssary.

+1 or Picasa or where ever. And using this method they show up larger in the post.

Or you can start your own album in our gallery and link them from there.

I expect to be finally getting my first two H guitars next week.

You're already thinking like a Heritage owner.... Your "first two" shows that there will, in your mind, be more to come.

Archived