Heritage Owners Club

A Trip Down Memory Lane...

Tim

With regard to amps, these days I play through either a Fender Blues Jr. or a Roland JC 77. Both amps work great great for their respective applicaitons, but, the other day, I was rearranging one of the shelves in my basement. I came upon my very first amp, a Coral Stentor 100 bass head. I think I paid my neighbor $75.00 for the amp and a home-made cabinet (my folks got rid of the cab years ago when I was off at college). I was 15 (I'm 49 now :D So I pulled it out, plugged it in and hooked it up to a 15" cab I haven't been currently using. Though the pots were scratchy as hell, it still sounds great! I played my first guitar through it way back when (a Targa Strat Copy..still have that guitar too)...never played bass through it. It's 100 watts, so it simply shook the house when I applied ANY kind of volume. I took it apart, cleaned it up, de-ox'd everything, and the pots are fine now. Though I don't really have any use for it these days, I guess I'll always hang on to it. Brings back fond memories of days gone by (and tearing up the house :lol:

That really sounds like an enjoyable day... pulling out the old amp...

We've all discussed amps that we wished we had kept. ... I wish that I still had the Supro Thunderbolt from highschool.

That was one that really sounded cool.

It is so cool that you kept that one of yours... rock on..

That really sounds like an enjoyable day... pulling out the old amp...

We've all discussed amps that we wished we had kept. ... I wish that I still had the Supro Thunderbolt from highschool.

That was one that really sounded cool.

It is so cool that you kept that one of yours... rock on..

To be honest, I'd totally forgot about it until I saw it lurking on a back shelf. It sits on top of my JC77 and every now and then, I'll plug it in to my Seismic Cab and blow the basement apart....

If you carefully spray some tuner cleaner in those pots, work it into them down the shaft and turn it up and down it's full range while doing it, you might be able to clear up the scratchy sound. Remove the knobs if you have to.

I took it apart and used DeOxIt and the pots sound fine now...

Archived