Heritage Owners Club

Anybody have any experience with Risson Amps?

Tim

These are supposedly hand wired. Any comments would be appreciated.

Not sure... but I know the Flint GC has a Rission ETA 150 - I thought about making a run up there this weekend to give it a try. Looks like a beast, and the price looks right at $350

But then again, I really don't know much about them either, and I can't seem to find any genuine specs on the ETA 150

Not sure... but I know the Flint GC has a Rission ETA 150 - I thought about making a run up there this weekend to give it a try. Looks like a beast, and the price looks right at $350

But then again, I really don't know much about them either, and I can't seem to find any genuine specs on the ETA 150

Yes, I saw that too. That's why I posted. Please go an buy so it stops eating away at me. I don't really need another amp, but a boutique amp at that price is really hard to pass up....

Yes, I saw that too. That's why I posted. Please go an buy so it stops eating away at me. I don't really need another amp, but a boutique amp at that price is really hard to pass up....

Well, I went to check it out today... but did not come home with it

It seems to be in really good shape, less a mounting screw missing from the handle (easily repaired/replaced of course)

Tone wise... just wasn't really doing it for me - though I must admit, I didn't really get a chance to play around with it long enough to try dialing it in, nor did I get to try cranking it, which is what I'm sure the amp really wanted... so take my review with a grain of salt

I was trying to coax some distortion from it by turning down the master on the channel 1+2 input, turned up the volume, and hit a few chords... the breakup sounded rough, very rough - not good to my ears at all

At lower master and volume levels with the deep switch off it sounded like a fairly decent cleaner sound

All in all, it just seemed like something was off with it... perhaps it just needed a new set of tubes... or just needed to be cranked up a bit more or dialed in better

Archived