Heritage Owners Club

comparison ?

Patrick

How about a comparison of 3 guitars? What do you all think the out come would be if we asked Gibson's custom shop to build 1 each of their finest abilities, not talking about fancy appointments here, but pure quality of materials and craftsmanship, of the '59 Les Paul . . . the L5 and The Super 400 . . . telling them it will be measured against the finest of the 150, Golden Eagle and Super Eagle that Heritage can produce. We would give them each access to the same sources of raw materials with no preferential treatment due to buying power. We would give the a time limit of 12 weeks. They can only use existing employees and production equipment. I would hate to have to judge the out come of that competition . . . . however, I would love to own either of the 2 finished guitars . . . .or both!!

How about a comparison of 3 guitars? What do you all think the out come would be if we asked Gibson's custom shop to build 1 each of their finest abilities, not talking about fancy appointments here, but pure quality of materials and craftsmanship, of the '59 Les Paul . . . the L5 and The Super 400 . . . telling them it will be measured against the finest of the 150, Golden Eagle and Super Eagle that Heritage can produce. We would give them each access to the same sources of raw materials with no preferential treatment due to buying power. We would give the a time limit of 12 weeks. They can only use existing employees and production equipment. I would hate to have to judge the out come of that competition . . . . however, I would love to own either of the 2 finished guitars . . . .or both!!

So, what happens to the third guitar? ....... :dontknow:

Given the products would be very similar, I'd still want the Heritage company values, old world craftsmanship, and to support a company whose values/morals/standards are more in line with mine.

So when is that Gibby owners appreciation day where the owners attend, they applaud us, and they give away a free guitar???? (and they come in to work on their DAY OFF)

Given the products would be very similar, I'd still want the Heritage company values, old world craftsmanship, and to support a company whose values/morals/standards are more in line with mine.

So when is that Gibby owners appreciation day where the owners attend, they applaud us, and they give away a free guitar???? (and they come in to work on their DAY OFF)

Yep!! All that's true. And, those reason you stated are some of the key reasons why all here on HOC forums buy Heritage guitars. However, this fictional comparison was not to compare anything other than . . . 6 guitars. The old world craftsmanship you speak of exists at the Custom Shop in Nashville just as it does at Parsons Street. Handed down and taught by a Parsons Street transplant who was at the very least just as good as Marv, Jim, JP, Floyd and all the rest of the crew at Parsons Street. Just as those old boys in Kzoo are mentoring the younger and next generation, so did the guy, who just passed away a couple of years ago . . (drawing a blank here for a name ... someone please help me out on this . . . he was the head of the Custom Shop in Nashville when he passed on . . .) mentor those under him. All in all .. . if such an event/competition were to take place, the 6 guitars would be awe inspiring.

Yep!! All that's true. And, those reason you stated are some of the key reasons why all here on HOC forums buy Heritage guitars. However, this fictional comparison was not to compare anything other than . . . 6 guitars. The old world craftsmanship you speak of exists at the Custom Shop in Nashville just as it does at Parsons Street. Handed down and taught by a Parsons Street transplant who was at the very least just as good as Marv, Jim, JP, Floyd and all the rest of the crew at Parsons Street. Just as those old boys in Kzoo are mentoring the younger and next generation, so did the guy, who just passed away a couple of years ago . . (drawing a blank here for a name ... someone please help me out on this . . . he was the head of the Custom Shop in Nashville when he passed on . . .) mentor those under him. All in all .. . if such an event/competition were to take place, the 6 guitars would be awe inspiring.

Can't argue with that. But I still would want the Heritage ones!!! :icon_biggrin: (LOL)

Archived