Heritage Owners Club

Making it easier for Heritage to refinish your guitar

unikh550

Thanks to everyone who replied to my "Refinishing my H-550", now on p.7. Talked to Ren from Heritage, who told me that Jack French would agree that changing it from ACB to ATNAT would almost certainly cause some of the red to bleed through, especially over time. They would not remove the base coat, which I did not expect them to do for the $500 quote. He said that my other two suggestions-tobacco sunburst and vintage wineburst- would work well. He also said that he liked my idea of sending them a few pictures of different guitars,with entirely different finishes, for them to decide which would work best, since the cherry can be fickle, although the original burst is not much of a problem.Heritage even said that they can even follow my request that there not be a high polish, but give it a more aged appearance, since I love the look of old ES-175's & 350's from the 50's that have little shine to the finish anymore.Don't want the Fender relic look, though. They thought that request was strange because customers always compliment them for the high luster of their finishes.So, they're going to give me a surprise two months after I send it off.Probably will wait until there's no snow because I want to drive it up there and pick it up.- Charles

He said that my other two suggestions-tobacco sunburst and vintage wineburst- would work well.

This is going to be quite interesting. You know we'd love to see some before/after pics when it's done.

They are such masters at the art of finishing, it is an exciting project.

Wonder how nice he does nitrocellulose, as opposed to the lacquer. I might give him a call.

My Black Translucent H 150CM looks more black than anything...but look at the Grain enhanced Dean Soltero this guy did! Man it looks great! I see that in the very near future for mine!...

Mark

My Black Translucent H 150CM looks more black than anything...but look at the Grain enhanced Dean Soltero this guy did! Man it looks great! I see that in the very near future for mine!...

Mark

Didn't really see a Soltero, but think you might be talking about the Sims custom shop one.

singlecutflameThirtyTwo.png

Don't know if the finish/clear-coat is lacquer or nitrocellulose, which I would prefer. Is yours nitro?

Archived