Heritage Owners Club

Sound samples

groovin

I thought, with the moderators permission, that I might start a thread to allow members to here how different models sound.  It is fine to talk and look but it is still the sound that counts!

I'm starting the ball rolling by attching a sample of my H575.  I make no claims as to my playing ability!  I've had to use alot of compression to keep the file size down so there is a bit more hiss than normal.  The track was recorded direct to computer without any EQ and just a little reverb.

If it helps you make a decision then enjoy.

Cheers

H575 Sample.mpg

I'm starting the ball rolling by attching a sample of my H575.  I make no claims as to my playing ability!  I've had to use alot of compression to keep the file size down so there is a bit more hiss than normal.  The track was recorded direct to computer without any EQ and just a little reverb.

If it helps you make a decision then enjoy.

Very nice, which song is that?  I think you got a good jazz tone going, especially for it being direct with no EQ.

Here is a link of my H555 with my 5F2A Tweed Princeton.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.c...;songID=5457655

Wow!  That guitar/amp combo covers a lot of ground.  It was easy to pick out when you switched from neck to bridge pickup. ;D  Towards the end, it was interesting to hear the dynamic range, going from overdriven chunk to nuanced finger picking...then that long sustain on the outro.  Nice. 

Thanks Dick, I can't take credit for the playing though.  A local pro who is a member of the amp building group came over and played while I ran the recording gear.  I love this combo you can achieve a great deal of different sounds just by your picking dynamics and the guitars volume control.

Thanks to all who liked my little ditty.  For the person who asked, it was a bossa version of an old Dorris Day classic "My Secret Love".  To the other person who asked, the 575 is the all maple body variety with the mahogany neck and a single HRW pickup.

Thanks also to wingnut for sharing.  Love the growl!

OK, so who's going to step forward next and share?

Cheers 

...For the person who asked, it was a bossa version of an old Dorris Day classic "My Secret Love"...

I asked, and the funny thing is I was going to post, "It reminds me of Astrud Gilberto and a couple of my other favorite bossa tunes, but it seems like classic, pop melody."  I figured nobody would know WTF I was nattering about, though! 

I thought, with the moderators permission...

I'm just the cat that cleans the place up after all you guys go home, I don't care what you do. ;)  Seriously, though, until we get near our disk space limit, I don't have a problem hosting clips on the board.  I'm more concerned about bandwidth usage than disk space, to be honest.  But, right now, neither of those seems to be a big issue.  I only ask that you try to keep the file sizes reasonable, and don't post copyrighted material that you don't own the rights to.  8)

So...knock yourselves out.

Well, I sat down tonight to record a couple of clips to post, but was unsuccessful.  First, I fought with Sonar 5PE for 20 minutes trying to figure out why it wouldn't recognize my GNX4 for input.  Never did get that resolved, and reached the limits of my patience, so I switched back to Sonar 4PE.  That saw the GNX just fine (go figure!).  After twelve attempts to record this little bossa inspired ditty I made up a couple of years ago (extremely simple, exceedingly repetitive, but fun for me to play...and the kids think I'm a guitar g-d because I can play it!) I quit. 

Maybe it's the Cabernet, but man I can't get my fingers to do the right thing at the right time.  And that metronome is a freaking task master!    I will say, however, that the "Voxtop" patch on the GNX4 sounds pretty decent with the right settings on the guitar.  I'll give it a try again tomorrow night and see if I can't get something posted.

my first post here.

I have a Heritage Johnny Smith, 1995 or so. It has the rose inlay in the headstock and also in the pickguard. I've never seen another one like it, I wonder if I got the only one. I have mixed feelings about how it sounds, mostly because the pickup is not great but their non-standard method of attaching it doesnt allow for replacement. If I knew what I was doing I'd probably send it somewhere to be rewound. Acoustically it sounds nice. Plays well.

I've got a bunch of clips up at my soundclick site

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=240975

the first 2 were recorded through the Clarus/RE combo at a noisy gig, the next three are from a studio recording with my former band. If you scroll down, "solar night" was recorded live with a big band, and "Blues" in my living room, for a more acoustic sound.

I also put some stuff up on youtube, if you want to see what it looks like.

Paul K.

If you go to www.myspace.com/johncovach and choose the song "Misanthropic Cattle," you'll hear my 155 on most of the song, with my 575 Custom on the solo at the end.  "Mechanical Pencil" and "Regaining the Feel" were both done on my 155, which is my "go-to" guitar.  The other song, "The Lookout," is layers of Gretsch.

Archived