Heritage Owners Club

New speaker coming for Peavey C30

Guest HRB853370

Guest HRB853370

I love the sound coming from my new Gibson GA40 Class A amp, with the Eminence Legend speaker in it. I saw the speaker on Ebay, and tossed a bid up and won it. It was NOS removed from a GA40. I plan to slap it in the Peavey C30, replacing the factory Blue Marvel. Anybody want to buy a Blue Marvel?

Just an FYI, I'm sure you probably already know, but you will need to take the chassis of the C30 out to change out the speakers. It is recommended to put a towel or thick tshirt between the speaker and chassis when removing the chassis, so the magnet on the speaker doesn't latch onto the chassis. Good luck.

Guest HRB853370

Just an FYI, I'm sure you probably already know, but you will need to take the chassis of the C30 out to change out the speakers. It is recommended to put a towel or thick tshirt between the speaker and chassis when removing the chassis, so the magnet on the speaker doesn't latch onto the chassis. Good luck.

Thanks Shundog, I realized this AFTER I bought the replacement speaker. I am not sure I want to deal with that. I think I am going to go a different tact. I am going to start a new thread on my question. Thanks!

Thanks Shundog, I realized this AFTER I bought the replacement speaker. I am not sure I want to deal with that. I think I am going to go a different tact. I am going to start a new thread on my question. Thanks!

I wouldn't let that stop you; I am the world's LEAST handy guy, and I can get the chassis out in 10 minutes or less. 4 screws on top of the amp, two on each side, and the the one fastening the power cord to the side of the cab. It REALLY isn't very difficult, and the results could be amazing! Cmon!!

Guest HRB853370

I wouldn't let that stop you; I am the world's LEAST handy guy, and I can get the chassis out in 10 minutes or less. 4 screws on top of the amp, two on each side, and the the one fastening the power cord to the side of the cab. It REALLY isn't very difficult, and the results could be amazing! Cmon!!

Should I remove the tubes so I dont accidentally crush them?

Should I remove the tubes so I dont accidentally crush them?

Not really necessary. Tip the amp onto it's front, so that the back of the amp is pointed at the ceiling. put the towel over the speaker magnet, and unscrew the top, sides, and power cord. I think you need to unplug the reverb tank wires, too. Just be gentle with them. As you get to the last screws, the chassis will want to drop into the cab, just be ready to catch it, or have another set of hands holding it as you unscrew the last screws. This IS easy, you won't regret it!

Good Luck!

Taking the Classic 30 apart is a piece of cake. Pull the tubes, and get the screwdriver going. I had to disassemble mine when the basement flooded some years back and it was sitting in about 15 inches of water. The worst part was cleaning and drying the reverb unit and bag.

Talk about rugged, I cleaned everything up, reglued some tolex, plugged it all up and started right up. Even the paper on the speaker is holding up.

Here it is after the water went down about 8-10 inches.

post-790-064477600 1292606042_thumb.jpg

Archived