Heritage Owners Club

150P in Da House... Strange beast indeed...

cosmikdebriis

Well my 150P has arrived safe and well so thanks to W19SIX. ;D

I wouldn't have bothered with a new post but this is a strange one...

Firstly the P I believe donates Poplar so I was expecting it to be lightweight... 8)

I wasn't however expecting a "rim" thickness of (not sure exactly) but 1 3/4" or perhaps 1 1/2". I know they made a 150 Special at 1 3/4" so perhaps it's that.

Anyway, long and short of it is... (So to speak)... It weighs in at just less than 7 1/2 Lbs.  :o

Anybody else ever owned one of these???

It's got Schaller pups but they're not wired up yet so I can't give a tone report. Looks like there's enough wires for a coil tap so that's kinda likely to happen ;)

Pics will have to follow soon...

Yep, I've got one.  I think the body is thinner because there is no cap on the top, so you basically get the depth of a regular 150 but without the added depth created by the maple cap--at least that's the way my 150P looks compared to my 150CM and 157.

The lighter and thinner body is a little weird at first; it kinda doesn't feel like a LP-type design.  The biggest surprise is how resonant the poplar is, though.  Mine has hi-output Dimarzios in it, and that's not my type of pickup so I'll likely change them out.  But the 150P is a real joy to play.

Does that make it about the thickness of the 137/140 series then? 

I need to dig my 140 out to compare but I'd say lightly thicker from memory.

"I need to dig my 140 out"

Ok I admit it... I too have to hide my guitars from the missus  :-[

Archived