Heritage Owners Club

Heritage models info... Quest for a better resource...

cosmikdebriis

I don't know if you've all found it but there is on this site an info page listing various H models and specs.

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/info.htm

However It's not a complete list and I just wondered if we could/should submit edits to form a more comprehensive list. I know there are a lot of customs so a complete list would be almost impossible, but I think we could, between us, improve on what's currently on the web.

Could be a very useful resource, and to my knowledge the only one available.  8)

(Let's be honest the H website isn't exactly stuffed with information) ;)

So Mr Admin... and you guys... What do you think?

Of course, if anyone knows of an alternative site with all the info, please let me/us know. :-[

That project was started sometime last fall IIRC.

I think the Admin was the initiator, and there were several volunteers (me included) to help keep the database current.

But like any other old thread, it kind of loses its luster after awhile. Out of sight, out of mind.

If there is anything you'd like to add, feel free to let the Admin know, and he should be able to add it.

Cool...

Thing is... Where do we find it?

If it's a thread that's got lost as you suggest then perhaps a separate category would be the answer.

It is often mentioned that the information we seek is out there somewhere but that we fail to search for it. I myself am as guilty as the next man there.

However, I believe it would make the HOC a better place if certain information was easier to find.

Like I mentioned, there is a page but it's not exactly comprehensive.

Perhaps the answer is for people to list the model specs of a particular guitar they may have bought along with as much info as poss. then everyone else gets a chance to add their bit and finally the whole thing gets abbreviated and added to the current list.

Brent has the GM, I have a 150-P etc...

What do you guys think?

Pics too???

I don't think I said it was lost; rather, the information is still there (you provided the link). It probably just hasn't been updated for a long time.

Great idea, Cosmic. We could even give information about all the older models like my 160, your future 357 etc. Should also save Ren a lot of his time if we make this database available somewhere at the top of the HOC directory (or whatever you call the main categories of this forum).

Maybe we need a "Heritage-ipedia" where people can just add stuff and then others can check it for accuracy, etc.  It would be more dynamic than a fixed HTML table, and would distribute the work/responsibility over all of us instead of one person having to carry the load.  Thoughts?

Well, I think another benefit of a Wiki-type repository of information is that it wouldn't be limited strictly to model information.  I suppose we'd have to agree on a standard format for the model entries, but beyond that, we could populate it with data/details about the founders, history of the company, artists, etc.

It's early days yet but it seems that it's something we'd like?

Just a question of implementation???

It does seem a little unfair that one person should have to undertake the entire task by themselves so perhaps ideas along the lines of the Wiki, as suggested are the answer?

To get things going and to have something concrete to work from...

Basic concept...

Model: No

Years Made:

Woods:

Dimensions:

Hardware:

Pickups:

Options:

Pictures:  8)

Reviews: ???

Prices: New/Used:  :-

Feel free to add/remove/comment.

turn it into a sticky thread where all of us who own, or previously owned these out of production Heritages. could post pics along w/ the specs

I'm no expert on web design, a bit of Macromedia Dreamweaver is the best I can manage... But I'd say to get a decent layout we'd need something more specific than a thread ???

Of course someone may know better?

I like the Wiki idea, but I am not sure how to integrate it with the site.  Let me look in to it some and I will post back what I find.  The Owner's Registry is another interesting concept, but I think would be a separate "enhancement," although it would dovetail with the model information data nicely.

I like the Wiki idea, but I am not sure how to integrate it with the site.  Let me look in to it some and I will post back what I find.  The Owner's Registry is another interesting concept, but I think would be a separate "enhancement," although it would dovetail with the model information data nicely.

Are you psychic ?

I've just posted (at the same time as you were writing this) another, related, thread with the aim of collecting pics in a shared photobucket account. Please have a look and tell me what you think.

About the time we'd get this completed, Heritage will update the website. Sort of like lighting a cigarette at Dog & Suds while waiting for your order!

If Heritage were to update their site with info on old models etc then this might not be necessary. However I very much doubt they would be trying to publish the same sort of information as I/we are trying to collect... IMHO of course... ;)

Archived