Heritage Owners Club

Pagebucker for H-150: Shaft Pot Length?

Halowords

I am getting a Torres Pagebucker wiring setup to go along with my Sheptone PAF-style AB pickups (Shep recommended the wiring setup and it sounds cool).  They are going in the dead mint '07 Dark Almondburst H-150 I got from Golferwave.  Really excited about it.

http://www.torresengineering.com/noname7.html

Oh yeah, the point of this post.  What length is the shaft pot for a Heritage H-150?  Should I order the "Les Paul (Long Shaft Pots)", or email them and ask?  If the H-150 is identical to its Gibson brother the LP, I was thinking he Long Shaft Pots are what I am looking at.  However, I figured someone here might know.

-Cheers

If you can wait till tomorrow, I'll measure the pot shafts on my LP and my 150 to see if there's a difference. Someone over there may be able to di it a bit quicker ;)

The mod I'm considering trying is the "solo" mod whereby you use a simple switch to completely bypass the vol and tone control and get a direct, full volume output. The idea being that the vol and tone controlls interfere with the signal no matter what their settings and drop the output. Flick the switch to get a full, unadulterated output signal.  8)

I just installed a push pull in my H150.  I was able to use the standard shaft pot, the stock pot I removed was also standard length.  I have position indicators under my knobs also, and lock washers, and they still fit, but not much room for error.  The long shaft pots will definitely work, just make sure they come with two lock washers so you can adjust how high you want the knobs.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe the RS Guitarworks website has the infomation you're looking for.

They have a lot, but I did not see anything for Heritage.

I just installed a push pull in my H150.  I was able to use the standard shaft pot, the stock pot I removed was also standard length.  I have position indicators under my knobs also, and lock washers, and they still fit, but not much room for error.  The long shaft pots will definitely work, just make sure they come with two lock washers so you can adjust how high you want the knobs.

Cool.  So I can go standard, or long with washers?  Thanks a million!

-Cheers

The long shaft pots fit all LPs except historics, so I would assume the long ones would fit ours--unless, of course, ours were made like the historics! 

Probably should give them a call to make sure of the correct fit.

Archived