Heritage Owners Club

357 maximus

cod65

Oh man, I feel like I contributed to the price going up on 357's by posting  my F-bird rants on the HOC.

Anybody bidding on this one ?  Seems like somebody wants it bad.

I would even buy this as a lefty , switching the strings around, but price is thru the roof and still a number of days left. I predict over 2100$

http://tinyurl.com/29ukcm

Whats up with it?

its just got a lot of battle scars, dents and chips and such....the price it is going for i feel is a MINT price...that just my 2 cents....maybe the person shelling out the cash doesnt care?

It's hard to say what market value for a 357 is, though, because there were a) so few made and B) so few ever pop up (at least that I've seen).  Sonnylion's guitar is definitely used and showing it, but that just makes me wonder why...usually the "great" guitars are the ones that get beat to hell.  Knowing that there were, what, 70 H357's built, you're already in fairly "rare bird" territory, the reverse headstock might push that even farther.  I knew I should have offered him $900 for it two weeks ago. :-  One thing is for sure, though, if those bids are legit (and I have no reason to believe they're not), Cosmik got the bottom feeder bargain of the century with his H-357. 

OK, maybe I'm a heretic, but a recent Gibson Firebird V at $1200 used would be a better deal, and those can be had all day at that price.

My thoughts exactly. The price is high even for a rare model, but the market price for this piece will be what someone is willing to pay.

Yeah, imagine this: the guy in Holland I tipped Cosmic about complained to me in an email that very, very few people responded to his ad. Cosmic bought his for 869 dollars. I bet the Dutch Firebird is mint condition, judging by my impression of the seller.  Indeed the price of the Ebay auction goes way too far up!

Archived