Heritage Owners Club

There's a snow storm coming to Kalamazoo

MartyGrass

Hmm, do I sense a competition between Marty and Brently...?

From my observations, Mark (MartyGrass - does anybody else get this?) has slowed considerably from his first appearance on the HoC. Def was very prolific with buying/turning guitars then. Just about on par with the Brentster at the time. I'd say similar GAS profiles as neither one can find ... T H A T -- O N E ... that turns out to be the keeper. :icon_scratch:

If I could, I'd do it, too! ........ :diablo_mini:

Hmm, do I sense a competition between Marty and Brently...?

I don't think so. Rarely are we after the same guitar, although that happened twice that I recall. In neither case were we bidding against each other consciously.

When my wife says, "Look at all the guitars you buy," I respond with, "Look at all the ones I don't buy." There is some sanity to that view.

A friend of mine just told me about another guitarist who has a pretty large collection that needs liquidation. He bought a blue H150 from the guy. My friend wondered if I wanted a cherry H150. The guy is asking $800 but will take less. He also has a few H575s and some other Heritages.

Of course I perked up for a moment but then declined. I don't need another H150. I don't need another archtop. And I don't want to be a guitar broker. Been there, done that. There are always great deals out there. They will never, ever cease.

I'll get a list of what the guy has. I may be in the mood for a Super Eagle or a Kenny Burrell. Who knows?

I am amazed by Brent. He's a natural wheeler and dealer. He has energy and instinct. I'll bet he feels the same way. Look at all the guitars he doesn't buy.

Mark (MartyGrass - does anybody else get this?)

I'd say he likes beads and parades and music and girls showing their.....well you know.

The H-157 looks like the one that was on ebay for a buy it now price. VERY NICE! I really like the antique natural finish when combined with a flamey top and gold hardware...very classy.

I have a new one coming this week, and one last week, and the week before that, and about 6 weeks ago. I guess I'll need to start the guitar of the day series again soon.

The H-157 looks like the one that was on ebay for a buy it now price. VERY NICE! I really like the antique natural finish when combined with a flamey top and gold hardware...very classy.

I'm not a fan of gold hardware (totally personal preference, nickel, chrome, or black all the way for me). That blonde Antique Natural finish on a nice flamed or quilted top is becoming an obsession for me. Although I like my Dark Almond Sunburst H-150 a lot. A whole lot. But I'd love an Antique Natural, or maybe a Blonde Antique Natural with a subtle blackburst edge in an H-157 only with a rosewood board and maybe traps or split-block inlays. THAT would be a slick custom job!

I have a new one coming this week, and one last week, and the week before that, and about 6 weeks ago. I guess I'll need to start the guitar of the day series again soon.

Do tell. What else have you got that came or is coming? Did you delay X-mas or something? :icon_thumright:

I was long tempted by this top on a H157. One of them sold in a minute on eBay last year for a very cheap price. With another one I helped broker a trade for a PRS. That particular guitar is on the Heritage website representing the H157. And Jay Wolfe has one. We could not reach a deal.

I saw this one on TGP and eBay. It had the pups I wanted, a vintage harness I wanted, and did not have black on the back. In fact the back and sides are different finishes from each other. The back is more natural while the sides are more traditional.

I'll do a review of it when it arrives next week.

I'm not a fan of gold hardware (totally personal preference, nickel, chrome, or black all the way for me). That blonde Antique Natural finish on a nice flamed or quilted top is becoming an obsession for me. Although I like my Dark Almond Sunburst H-150 a lot. A whole lot. But I'd love an Antique Natural, or maybe a Blonde Antique Natural with a subtle blackburst edge in an H-157 only with a rosewood board and maybe traps or split-block inlays. THAT would be a slick custom job!

If I ran the world this guitar would have abalone inlays, possibly split blocks.

Archived