Heritage Owners Club

NGD - New H150 Deluxe OSB

Blunote

I managed to snag one at a pretty good price that had (almost) every feature I wanted. It was advertised with Seth Lovers, but actually delivered with SD 59s. Honestly, the 59s sound great but I was specifically looking for the Seth Lovers in part because of all the positive comments I've seen printed here. The dealer had a brain fart when he wrote the listing and will be sending a set of new pick-ups for me to swap. I'll be out money for the labor.

Truth is, I'd have been thrilled with this guitar at the price I paid with the 59's. But, unlike some of you who acquire guitars on a weekly basis (you know who you are), I might buy one once per year, if that. So I want it to be exactly what I'm looking for.

That said, here are some pictures of my most recent indulgence.

5469315706_e798d5b682_m.jpg

5469321468_b1e9e4df6a_m.jpg

5469320686_403d741ab9_m.jpg

5469319360_8e13822dda_m.jpg

"5469318634_5854e15556_z.jpg

"

I really should not have looked at that. I love my guitar but man, that's awesome! If that has a bound headstock, that's pretty much my dream Les Pau . . . uh, H-150. Aesthetically at least. My guitar plays and sounds like my dream guitar so I'm not really complaining. Anyway.

Very, very, very nice.

I'm just now figuring out how to link to hosted images. I think these are better.

5469321468_b1e9e4df6a_b.jpg

5469320686_403d741ab9_b.jpg

5469319360_8e13822dda_b.jpg

My old and new favorite

5468724571_4ded6d55bd_b.jpg

Flamage!

5469315706_e798d5b682_z.jpg

The gang.

OSB is always a good choice!! Good on your dealer for getting you the Seths you wanted, too. Was that guitar a Dealer Order? Rarely see tummy cuts on a 150. Not saying we don't, because we do. But it's rare. They're de jour on H140 2nd Eds, tho'.

Nice.. that one really jumps out of the pics..

And, of course, the 150 DLX has the bound headstock and all.

I love the top on it, especially between the pickups, you must be well pleased with this one.

Is that a 150P on the wall..? If so, does it sound much different from the 150?

I really should not have looked at that. I love my guitar but man, that's awesome! If that has a bound headstock, that's pretty much my dream Les Pau . . . uh, H-150. Aesthetically at least. My guitar plays and sounds like my dream guitar so I'm not really complaining. Anyway.

Very, very, very nice.

Here's the headstock.

Yes, this one had just about everything I was looking for: Bound headstock, belly cut, OSB, upgraded top, The multi bound body and bound wood pick guard were bonus. The other focus was getting Seth Lover or Antiquity pups. This was supposed to have them and it will.

I'm impressed that the setup was great right out of the box. And after 4-5 days in the back of a truck, it was arrived in perfect tune.

5469317218_51326b5386_b.jpg

Nice.. that one really jumps out of the pics..

And, of course, the 150 DLX has the bound headstock and all.

I love the top on it, especially between the pickups, you must be well pleased with this one.

Is that a 150P on the wall..? If so, does it sound much different from the 150?

The perimeter looks much darker in the photos than it is so there's really quite a bit more grain showing through than in the pictures. And yes, that is a 150P on the wall. They're have distinctly different voices. The new one with '59s in it as a more high pitched howl, while the 150P has a bit more groan.

Archived