Heritage Owners Club

Stat vs Stat DLX

DavesNotHere

I was just looking at Big Bob's Stat DLX (beautiful by the way) in the for sale section, and I noticed a couple of differences between his and mine.

I was hoping one one of the resident experts knew a bit of Stat history.

I've found precious little info out "there". They're not even listed in Heritage's history page.

My Stat has a more traditional Fender influenced head stock and has three toggle switches for the pickups.

Bob's Stat DLX has a pointy head stock and a more traditional blade switch for the pickups

Bob's is a hardtail and mine is a Kahler.

Were the headstock and switches an option, or a year to year change? Mine's a 1986.

Does any one know what DLX stands for?

Anyway, any info would be greatly appreciated.

post-4456-0-87351400-1308829423_thumb.jpg

post-4456-0-35572800-1308829462_thumb.jpg

I was just looking at Big Bob's Stat DLX (beautiful by the way) in the for sale section, and I noticed a couple of differences between his and mine.

I was hoping one one of the resident experts knew a bit of Stat history.

I've found precious little info out "there". They're not even listed in Heritage's history page.

My Stat has a more traditional Fender influenced head stock and has three toggle switches for the pickups.

Bob's Stat DLX has a pointy head stock and a more traditional blade switch for the pickups

Bob's is a hardtail and mine is a Kahler.

Were the headstock and switches an option, or a year to year change? Mine's a 1986.

Does any one know what DLX stands for?

Anyway, any info would be greatly appreciated.

DLX = deluxe

Mr. Henderson once told me Heritage made the Stat Deluxe's in an attempt to wue 80's recording artists like Ted Nugent. I guess I didn't work.

Calling Mr. Henderson.

Ren told me that they made one for Ted Nugent and one for Eric Clapton...he seemed to recall only 10-15 made total.

The biggest differences are the carved top on the DLX and the 5-way VS the mini toggles and the headstock design. The Stat DLXs i have seen have included a couple hardtails, and Kahler spyder/floyd equiped models.

Here is one i used to have that had a headstock repair....

med_gallery_342_100_204822.jpg

DLX = deluxe

D'oh! Captain Obvious strikes out again.

Wow, only 15 or 20 made, Bob are you sure this is the one you want to part with?

I'm more tempted than ever!

Brent, any info on the production numbers for the regular Stats?

Were they just not selling or were they politely asked to "knock it off"?

Do you know the years they were made?

I suspect the records for the early stuff are pretty sketchy (and maybe even current stuff too).

Perhaps we have the talent here to create a database and we could recreate the history of Heritage.

I'm not a software weenie, I'm a hardware weenie, but I'd volunteer to try to help create and maintain a database of Heritages of days gone by.

I see it kind of like recording your family history via aunts, uncles and grandparents.

What do you think?

Dave, do you have any intentions to part with your Stat?

Never! :icon_biggrin: I'm still falling in love with it. :love7:

I've only had it a few months and I just had it set up by the local guru, I like it's action even more now, I had him raise it a bit.

I love the top and the finish.

I had been looking for one for a while and finally found this one.

I PMed mars_hall about his too a while back, but I was too late too.

Bob's is sweet and even more scarce than the "regular" Stats.

Think about it......

Never! :icon_biggrin: I'm still falling in love with it. :love7:

I've only had it a few months and I just had it set up by the local guru, I like it's action even more now, I had him raise it a bit.

I love the top and the finish.

I had been looking for one for a while and finally found this one.

I PMed mars_hall about his too a while back, but I was too late too.

Bob's is sweet and even more scarce than the "regular" Stats.

Think about it......

You definetly are in love with her :D In this case, wouldn't have it :P

Bob's looks just great, but I'm looking for a tremolo version.

Yea, I've always been drawn to the unusual or at least uncommon in cars, guitars, beer and women. Well, any woman who would have me is unusual B)

But, I mean "EVERYBODY" has a 150 - right?

I over thought Brent's H-162, and you beat me to it. I hope you enjoy it. It is certainly a sweet guitar.

If you ever decide you need some time apart, let me know.

I over thought Brent's H-162, and you beat me to it. I hope you enjoy it. It is certainly a sweet guitar.

If you ever decide you need some time apart, let me know.

Thanks and sure thing... vice versa ;)

No, this is a stoptail, an '88, and Brent's was a Floyd

I couldn't tell from Brent's picture. The eyes are the second thing to go.

Now that you mention it I see the difference.

It is sweet!

• 4 weeks later...

Wow! I didn't know there were so many different variants of the STAT. Mine (C28903) looks just like the one from the add in the out of production section with 4 mini switches and the Kahler trem. Glad I found you guys out here.

Wow! I didn't know there were so many different variants of the STAT. Mine (C28903) looks just like the one from the add in the out of production section with 4 mini switches and the Kahler trem. Glad I found you guys out here.

Welcome aboard! And now you must be hit with the obligatory :this_thread_is_useless_without_

Archived