Heritage Owners Club

Phat Cats on the way for my 535

H

Another job well done Howard, good work. Did you have to shape the new rings? That is a sweet 535.

Thanks Pete :)

Yes, the rings needed a little work but the top on the 535 is a lot flatter than, say, a 150, so not much effort was required.

Excellent work Howard!! Your projects always seem to be very well thought out and carefully executed. I hope they sound really good!!!

Coo Don, I'm blushing here :)

H, thanks for the great pictorial and comments. If my 535 ever gets here (almost 4 months now) I doubt I'll be doing any swaps for quite awhile. However, I'm bookmarking your post for future reference. Again, thanks for the great ideas and details.

H, thanks for the great pictorial and comments. If my 535 ever gets here (almost 4 months now) I doubt I'll be doing any swaps for quite awhile. However, I'm bookmarking your post for future reference. Again, thanks for the great ideas and details.

You're welcome :) A lot of money gets paid to guitar techs for things that are well within the capabilities of most of us. The more things like this we see getting done by 'one of us', the more it will inspire others to try. That's the theory anyway ;)

• 3 weeks later...

H: Excellent piece of work, and great photography, too. It's the first time I've seen a 535 taken apart (or any 335 type for that matter) and learned very quickly about what I've often wondered . . how do you get at the innards of that thing?! Now I know!

Cheers, mate. - MAB

Archived