Heritage Owners Club

almost got my electric rig together.

JeffB

Been slowly getting it together for a little while. Finally have a reason to use it so I had to get it done.

Spent all day trying overdrive, reverb, delay and modulating devices. Cab and speaker combinations.

Then worked on swapping p/up's on different guitars.

The Fender Super Sonic head runs into a framus 212 cab with v30's and a 3/4 closed back or, 1/4 open back.

Thought I would be using the Mesa but it didnt work out that way.

The little MIJ Squier got a JB jr in the bridge with an auto split in pos 2. 250 pot not 500. Sounds alright.

The H150 remains unchanged because it is what it is and was made perfectly to be that. Im still trying to work it into the set list.

In front of the amp I have...

In the loop I have....

The H&K Rotosphere is set to fast and is switched on/off from the MEGA pedal next to the Fuel Tank.

and if you stand back and look at it, it looks like this....

the pedal board becomes this when the lid is on. I made it about 22yrs ago.

Work to do yet is a remote switch for a TREX Tremster so it can sit in the loop as well and the Dano TO will probably be replaced by a Timmy when it gets here. Unless I like the Dano better than the Timmy.

The Trex Room mate is on all the time but set low in the mix. Just a hint of verb.

Im only using the clean channel on the amp so the time based fx in front work fine.

Going for retro old school bluesy sounds.

I showed my wife the results of my endeavors for the day and she didnt react 1/2 as impressed as I thought she would.

Thanks for looking

Looks very professional to my Tully. I expect you will weed out some pedals over time, but I only say that because I haven't been able to figure out to use so many effects. Some folks are really good at that. Now you need to post some clips of the entire rig!!!

Um, where's the crybaby? :icon_rr:

Ive got a cool old vox but I think I would use a Bad Horsie 2 if I decide to go with a wah.

Some of the songs we do have wah in them but the trouble for me using wah is I have a back injury that makes using the wah uncomfortable. I need to keep equal weight on both feet. Its not something I thought about until we started rehearsing.

Looks very professional to my Tully. I expect you will weed out some pedals over time, but I only say that because I haven't been able to figure out to use so many effects. Some folks are really good at that. Now you need to post some clips of the entire rig!!!

Ive already knocked a chorus, a 2nd delay and a fuzz out and am thinking of not bothering with the trem.

The reason for two reverbs is because a few of the songs have trippy psychedelic intros/outros/middle 8's in them where it really is about the fx and just being plain wiggy. So one verb is set low and just suits the room and the other set quite wet and spacious.

A lot of the songs are just one od with another to thicken up the sound for solo's and thats it.

We are playing 60's 70's music from bands like Cream, Trower, Hendrix, Zep, early ZZ Top and the Doors etc.

Realistically I should have a Marshall stack behind me if only for the visual. Maybe I will down the line if the idea works out. In rehearsal its sounding good and feels good but whether punters will be interested will be another thing all together. I have a feeling we might be trying to mine a long dead vein but for now Im enjoying the company Im keeping and the focus on guitar, chops, gear, new sounds and revisiting songs and bands I havnt listened to for decades!!! Its a cool indulgence for all of us. But we are realistic about the appeal we may or may not have to the beer swilling masses with them being 18-35 not 35->

Realistically I should have a Marshall stack behind me if only for the visual.

Sounds like a fun gig, and a good musical challenge. I think with decent music that you want to play, you have to just build it, and trust that they (the punters) will come. And, its interesting to put together a rig for a specific gig.

I've thought for a long time that Marshall (or somebody) is missing a big payday by not offering an inflatable stack, for just such purposes. It could come with a foot pump that looked like a wah. If you hollowed out the back, it could double as a pretty-cool raft.

Sounds like a fun gig, and a good musical challenge. I think with decent music that you want to play, you have to just build it, and trust that they (the punters) will come. And, its interesting to put together a rig for a specific gig.

I've thought for a long time that Marshall (or somebody) is missing a big payday by not offering an inflatable stack, for just such purposes. It could come with a foot pump that looked like a wah. If you hollowed out the back, it could double as a pretty-cool raft.

Well its not completely fun yet. Im still a little preoccupied trying to play the songs and get comfortable with them. Theres a few where I dont have to think to much and can relax a bit.

"If you build it they will come" Ive worked to that idea a few times. Doesnt always work out as you planned but just taking a step in any direction and following it with another and another even if they are in a different directions always seems to get you some where you were not before. So Im happy to take the steps and see what happens, because something always does and its good to be there.

Speaking of that.....I took the whole set up to rehearsal with the acoustic band and played electric today. Looks like we are dropping the acoustic for most of the songs!!! sounded great. New dynamic and everything became fresh again. Invigorating. I feel like I got a whole new passion for the music and band again. I actually noodled loudly between songs while people were trying to talk!!!! I just couldnt get enough of the sound!!! I apologised of course but kept doing it even though I hate it when people do that. I was "that" guy.

You could be the guy that makes his fortune selling inflatable stage props!

Out door concert, final song of the night and all the back line starts floating up and away into the darkness as the final notes are fading.

Archived