Heritage Owners Club

Do 25th anniversary 150's have bigger necks?

hinesarchtop

I know the 25th anniversary guitars have been talked about quite a bit. In my research, when I ask a dealer about the neck profiles of current h150's, it seems that the anniversary ones are described as fatter than current, non anniversary counterparts.. Can anyone confirm this? I would like to have a 150 with a fatty neck.

They probably do have beefier necks. It seems like everybody is wanting fat necks these days and I think Heritage has been going that way for several years. I had to stress to Marv that I wanted my Firebird's neck to be as thin as possible.

Call them and ask Ren what is the deal.

Both just gorgeous! The VSB one looks nice with those tuners and 60's knobs. I'm going to find one of these for a gigging guitar.

You'll like it. Be sure to ask about the weight if that's an issue for you. Some of them are heavier than others. The tuners on both of mine are still Grovers but I changed both sets to rotomatics with keystone knobs. Good luck in your hunt, that's the fun part. If I run across any I'll give you a shout.

Guest HRB853370

My 25th anniversary 535 has a very beefy neck, moreso than my 2005 535 or even my 2004 555. Speaking of the 25th anniversary guitars, I don't quite understand why they chose not to bind around the headstock! I know the 23rd anniversary models did have binding on the headstock. Seems as though that would have been a nice appointment to go along with the anniversary year model.

Archived