Heritage Owners Club

Les trem

doggy1972

Any one used one of these??

Read some stuff about them on an Ibanez forum.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36413

(sorry bout a link to another forum :) )

Cant see why the tuning stability would be any worse than a Bigsby. Ive thought about getting one as I like a bit of rockabilly every now and again.

Love to hear peoples thoughts on this bit of kit.

4616_1lg.jpg

4616_1lg.jpg_thumb

I have one of these in Nickel, and I'd be willing to get rid of it at an amazing discount. Having said this, I bought a Stetsbar, and the Stetsbar is an amazing piece of workmanship. The action is about halfway between a Bigsby and a Fender, being closer to the Fender. The metalwork is top quality, and the tuning stability is great. As far as the LesTrem, you get what you pay for.

I'd be more than willing to part with my LesTrem, though!

rooster.

Take it you aint too impressed then.What were your issues with it? Glad for your honesty tho. Just an idea really. May just get a bigsby. Seen the Stetsbars but, my funds are a little stretched and they are a little pricey. Like you said though, you get what you pay for. Thats why we buy Heritage I suppose.

The great thing about that Stetsbar is that it bolts right onto the tailpiece studs on the guitar. Just measure the distance between the bridge studs and the tailpiece studs. Heritage's are a tad closer together than Gibby, so you want to make that measurement so he can adjust the throw for you at the factory. When you crank the bar down, the whole bridge slides towards the neck on a plate. Works great, doesn't hurt the tone, stays in tune, and to me, much better than a Bigsby. If you want that old-school mojo, the Bigsby is the only way to go. But, we wouldn't be playing Heritage guitars if we cared about stuff like that, we just want the best!

rooster.

If you're playing rockabilly that might be an option... you're really looking for that cool kinda wobbly vibrato vibe and don't need the uber-dive bomb manuver methinks... heck, if you can get it cheap and don't have to carve up the guitar to install it, it might be worth it.

L-O-C-K-I-N-G T-U-N-E-R-S, ensuring your nut is cut correctly and the Schaller roller bridge will make your life much easier if you get one.

Keeping any tremolo system in tune is all about elminating as many bind points or places where the string can hang up as possible, which is really why Floyd Rose systems stay in tune so well - there's nowhere for the string to bind.  The new Speedloader takes the entire concept to it's logical conclusion, and is the best heavy-use tremolo out there nowadays as far as tuning stability goes.

Archived