Heritage Owners Club

Line6 to announce most significant release in their company's history?

barrymclark

Their site says "See. Change. 1.19.12"

In some sites, Line6 claims to be the most significant advancement in their company's history.

I have read a lot of speculation and the VAST majority of them are by people with no imagination.

If it is for guitar, my guess is they are getting in to the Fractal Audio Axe-FX game. My understanding is that, along with Roland, a few manufacturers are releasing similar hardware pieces to the Axe-Fx using the same technologies such as the deconvo' modelling. It wouldn't terribly surprise me if Line6 gets in on that.

It will be interesting to see how Fractal responds to the competition when all the players in that field show themselves.

I am guessing the NAMM 2012 in January will have some cool things.

I fully expect Line6 and Roland to announce something similar to Fractal Audio's Axe-Fx. Roland might be able to maintain where they are but I think Line6 might be starting a slow death of they don't up their game a bit. The low cost market of modelling Roland has. They high end, Fractal has. The middle.... Line6 has owned. Problem is... I think many people, like me, find Line6's sound less appealing than the Roland and Fractal offerings. So... you can either spend less and get a better sound or just save up and get the monster.

Archived