Heritage Owners Club

For you metal guys or fans of the first series Peavey 5150

barrymclark

I just heard some demos of the Peavey 3120. HOLY CRAP!

THAT is heavy metal heaven for me.

If you are a fan of the first run of the 5150 (not the 5150-II nor 6505 or anything) then this is your puppy. This is as close as I have heard any modern amp get.

Not horribly expensive but not the cheapest amp in the world either.

USA made.

SICK tone.

I think they go for about $1000 retail.

If I was in the market for a metal amp, I would give this a serious, SERIOUS look.

I just heard some demos of the Peavey 3120. HOLY CRAP!

THAT is heavy metal heaven for me.

If you are a fan of the first run of the 5150 (not the 5150-II nor 6505 or anything) then this is your puppy. This is as close as I have heard any modern amp get.

Not horribly expensive but not the cheapest amp in the world either.

USA made.

SICK tone.

I think they go for about $1000 retail.

If I was in the market for a metal amp, I would give this a serious, SERIOUS look.

Already got one........ "modeled" of course thru the Axe-Fx and the 5150 does sound.... KILLER!!!

I played a gig through a real 5150 years ago and loved the crunch..... back in '93. I call that my "When I had hair" period!!!!

Already got one........ "modeled" of course thru the Axe-Fx and the 5150 does sound.... KILLER!!!

I played a gig through a real 5150 years ago and loved the crunch..... back in '93. I call that my "When I had hair" period!!!!

I have heard a great side by side comparison of a 5150 and the Axe-FX model of the 5150. The resemblence was striking. There was a difference but it was so small that you really had to listen to hear it and the difference was probably less than if you had two actual 5150's side by side.

Yeah, I owned mine in 94 and played it through the late 90's and then needed money. Oh well.

Archived