Heritage Owners Club

Once I get my feet under me, I know the NAD direction I am going...

barrymclark

For my new amp, it will be a used Fractal Axe-FX Ultra. As goofy as this sounds, my reasons are purely economic. After you get done shouting, "HA", here is my reason: if I don't bond with it, I can sell it for what I got it for or very close to it and then just go after the H&K Triamp which I do have experience on.

It will be some time before I get there so I have plenty of time to figure out the details on how to power it and so on. I am waiting with baited breath to see what the Jay Mitchell/Atomic powered FRFR cab is going to be and so on. Just needs to be able to handle bass as well as guitar. Worse comes to worse, I know the Jet City 700DP will get the job done and the quality is good.

Anyways, that is what I am going to do.

Who knows, maybe in under a year I will be one of the Fractal faithful... or I will get my money back selling it.

If you do go that route, I would be more than willing to help you with any questions. I just got on the Fractile Forum yesterday and learned a bunch of new short cuts.

Anyhow, I am here if you need me.

Awesome. Thanks, Kuz. I have been on there for about a month now. Really good folks on there for the most part. Some fanboy-ism but that is normal. It isn't bad though. It is actually pretty light.

It will be sometime before I can dive in with this sort of thing financially but I will definitely keep you on internet speed dial for any issues I run into.

I believe I will be going with the Voodoo Labs Ground Control instead of the Fractal conroller. Half the price. Just need to find some expression pedals.

Hey, another thing is we can share patches. I will have most of the work fro you done!!!!

I know it won't be for a while, but if you do go the Axe-Fx route it would be cool to share with someone I know!!!

Another bit of advice is don't think you have to get everthing at once. Get the Axe-Fx and a means to amplify it (powered monitors, a SS amp, whatever) and then worry about the foot controler & expression pedal later. Most of the Axe-Fx you can control remotely with your lap top (that's what I do)!!!

Absolutely! One of the first things I will try to dial in is a tone not unlike what you hear in the videos I make. You've got a 575 with Seths.... so.... there you have it! haha. Good thing that there is no human factor! haha.

After that, it will probably be a high gain tone and then a good AC/DC Hells Bells tone and Rush Limelight tone.

You guys should buy the Firebird X and combined with your Fractals, you will both be in digital heaven!

Nope, maybe HFB (Ron's) H357, but no dang Firebird X, Y, or Z!

Archived