Heritage Owners Club

Sneak peak at the Atomic Amps/Jay Mitchell joint venture powered cab

barrymclark

Atomic does have a response to Jet City's 700DP. Information is leaking out slowly but what I have seen is very cool.

It is about the size of a single twelve and is available in a guitar cab look as well as a wedge type. The wedge can also be pole mounted.

They will be available as a powered or passive cab.

It was unveiled at a Fractal Axe-FX get together in Dallas, TX today by Jay Mitchell. It is not badged as of yet with the Atomic logo.

The people that were that were there said it was really something.

120db max SPL.

500w Class D (125w to the horn)

About 50lbs powered/45lbs passive

Supposedly will be $800 passive and $1000 active.

clr_cube.jpg

It doesn't have to. That is what the modeler does. :D The idea of these FRFR (and some execute better than others) is that they have a very flat response over the frequency range. So, if the software does this that or the other to the output signal, then that is replicated by the clear speakers. :D Speaker modeling has gotten VERY neat as of the past few years. I don't know who was doing it first but my first experiences with hearing these speaker models was on the Axe-FX. It was TONS better than anything else I had heard at the time. I was using modelers as preamps at the time just because I didn't like the speaker modeling at all. I'd turn off the cabs and just run it through power amps and guitar cabs.

It doesn't have to. That is what the modeler does. :D The idea of these FRFR (and some execute better than others) is that they have a very flat response over the frequency range. So, if the software does this that or the other to the output signal, then that is replicated by the clear speakers. :D Speaker modeling has gotten VERY neat as of the past few years. I don't know who was doing it first but my first experiences with hearing these speaker models was on the Axe-FX. It was TONS better than anything else I had heard at the time. I was using modelers as preamps at the time just because I didn't like the speaker modeling at all. I'd turn off the cabs and just run it through power amps and guitar cabs.

How does a 1x12 ever sound like a 4x12 0r a 2x15

How does a 1x12 ever sound like a 4x12 0r a 2x15

I can't tell you how as I am just learning about convolutions. But... wow. It is very cool stuff. There is a difference between sounding like and moving air though. You can get the recorded or mic'd tone of a four twelve this way. For anything more, I'll refer to Kuz or any of the other folks on here who have had more experience with today's speaker convolutions. I don't want to tell you something way off.

I can't tell you how as I am just learning about convolutions. But... wow. It is very cool stuff. There is a difference between sounding like and moving air though. You can get the recorded or mic'd tone of a four twelve this way. For anything more, I'll refer to Kuz or any of the other folks on here who have had more experience with today's speaker convolutions. I don't want to tell you something way off.

I understand how the recording part works. It's the live thing I don't get.

I get how the amp fx can send a signal out that duplicates digitaly the sound of a mic'd marshall jcm 800 through a marshall 4x12. I understand that the signal can then be sent to a recording device or to the house pa system. What I don't get is what happens if you have no recording device and no pa? where does the signal go, I would assume into a speaker cab. which in turn would color the sound. what happens if the pa system is "old" like at many bar/club venues? then what.

I get how the amp fx can send a signal out that duplicates digitaly the sound of a mic'd marshall jcm 800 through a marshall 4x12. I understand that the signal can then be sent to a recording device or to the house pa system. What I don't get is what happens if you have no recording device and no pa? where does the signal go, I would assume into a speaker cab. which in turn would color the sound. what happens if the pa system is "old" like at many bar/club venues? then what.

Think of your best quality stereo system Lance. The speakers on your stereo reproduce the sound of all the different amps and cabs when you play your cd's, lp's, etc. These are basically top quality stereo speakers - no coloration except what the modeler sends to it.

Archived