Heritage Owners Club

Looks like Axe II can do everthing Kemper can do...

Kuz

I have no first hand knowledge. Here is a copy to a link on TGP saying that the AXE II soon will not only be able to profile amps, but also PROFILE guitar tones off your favorite CD!!!!

Read for yourself and make up your own mind....

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1036353

There was another thread (probably several) on TGP about this. I recently bought an Axe-FX ultra used, and the jury is still out for me. Yes it sounds great and I can see it's usefulness for recording. But for live work without dropping another 6-7 bills for the foot controller I just don't see how you could use it. The danged interface could be the deal breaker for me. I'm trying to give it some time and hopefully will get used to Axe Edit, but right now I feel the way I've felt with so many digital processors before this - the interface sucks and I'm paying for allot of stuff I'll never use.

I will say I had about 15 - 20 minutes with the Kemper at the NAMM show (found the booth about 20 minutes before the show was over). I found it's interface a little easier to navigate and it's models a little more to my liking - less space bleeps and flaying saucer noises and more straight amps sims. That said, I can't help but feel theres more to the Axe-FX than the Kemper. How many effects does the Kemper model? Is there something akin to Axe Edit available yet? What about inputs/outputs?

These things are just going to keep getting better and better and more powerful and hopefully at some point easier to use. One of my challenges with processors like this is, is that like with PCs, what is cool and state of the art today is an antique dinosaur in 5 years (if it even takes that long).

But for live work without dropping another 6-7 bills for the foot controller I just don't see how you could use it. The danged interface could be the deal breaker for me.
There are many foot controllers out there that cost well under $700. You can get a Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro for less then a couple hundred on evil-bay/c-list all day long.

There are many foot controllers out there that cost well under $700. You can get a Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro for less then a couple hundred on evil-bay/c-list all day long.

Yeah, bit will it have all the features of the Axe-FX controller? Anyway, it'll be sometime yet before I make my final decision on the Axe-FX, and sometime after that before I'd be getting a foot controller.

I don't think (one man's opinion here) I'll ever really need one..I'm just a locally gigging hillbilly guitar player, who likes to jam with his friends..I've got a top quality hand built amp, several great electric guitars, an excellent acoustic and I'm happy as a clam!! Iain't got time for no interfaces..Just plug and play baby..My 2 cents..

I understand what you are saying Smurph, and there will always be folks who will use a guitar and amp and be more than happy, after all, it does what needs to be done. But it wasn't too long ago I was plum happy with using a pen and paper to write a letter, today I can't remember the last time I wrote anyone an actual letter on paper, but a pen and paper still work fine and they do what needs done. I don't think it is that amps will go away any more than acoustic went away when electric guitars came around. But I suspect the day will come when we will all want one, even though we don't need it, and some will need it.

I don't think (one man's opinion here) I'll ever really need one..I'm just a locally gigging hillbilly guitar player, who likes to jam with his friends..I've got a top quality hand built amp, several great electric guitars, an excellent acoustic and I'm happy as a clam!! Iain't got time for no interfaces..Just plug and play baby..My 2 cents..

WELL, I am about to start a thread about how it took me 3 hrs to record one song using a real Bogner Shiva (micing is always an issue, input wires everywhere, headphones, the furnace turns on, ect....)

Then it took literally 20mins to to record the same song with the Axe-Fx (same Bogner Shiva modeled, same effects, no wires, no LOUD amps, no headphones, JUST EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Archived