Heritage Owners Club

Price check on '03 Eagle 2 stamp, enlarged jack plate added

GASguy

I just saw an '03 Eagle with a 2 stamp on the headstock, an enlarged jack plate (rectangular, external) added, tuneomatic added to/ installed on the floating bridge, pups changed to Gibby 57 classics, non original trapeze tailpiece added.

Described as "EC- condition, nice jazz box for the money for $1500.00."

What do you guys think of the price?

Do you think it is a fair to good price given the 2 stamp and modifications?

Thanks,

Ron

Do you know which Eagle model it is? They've made Classic, Golden, Standard and Super with dual pups I believe. The materials of construciton and the inlays may have a lot to do with how it's priced. I have a standard mahogany Eagle I got for $1200.00 that i think sounds just as good as my Golden Eagle that's worth around $3,000.00.

Keith

There is no mention of body width given.

It has the eagle inlay in the headstock, but not the tree/branch inlay, dots on the fretboard, no cupids bow on the neck, headstock is bound with inlay logo, but the neck is not bound.

The last 2 Eagle Mahogany's listed nationally the past month sold for $1200, one of which had a spruce top.

Sounds like you've got a rare bird there. Impossible to suggest what price "should" be, for that's always dependent upon what a buyer is willing to pay, imo.

Looks like an eagle classic to me, but I'm no expert, no binding on f holes or neck. The back appears to be maple, top spruce.

T32401B-440x305_zpsdf0a412d.jpg

Personally, if that guitar checks out A-O-K, I'd buy that guitar like y'day! Pending inspection of course....whaddya going to buy for $1500?

Have you the opportunity to inspect her locally, or is the dealer offering a return pending inspection? It wouldn't be the first stamped 2nd that sold for that price.

Personally, if that guitar checks out A-O-K, I'd buy that guitar like y'day! Pending inspection of course....whaddya going to buy for $1500?

Have you the opportunity to inspect her locally, or is the dealer offering a return pending inspection? It wouldn't be the first stamped 2nd that sold for that price.

48 hour return policy buyer pays shipping both ways.

Here are more pics:

T32401-440x305_zps737fbc0f.jpg

eagle5_zps775313b1.jpgT32401C-440x3053_zps884c7606.jpg

T32401D-440x3054_zps7ef2f9eb.jpg

I am seriously considering it even though I am cash poor from this purchase yesterday.

heritageacousticfront_zpsbfcb8ab6.jpg

heritageacousticback_zps1fd72181.jpg

The Eagle's jack is factory standard at the tail of the guitar. The hollowbody Heritage customed for me had the jack in the lower bout without the plate around it. This is an aftermarket job but IMHO professionally executed.

I agree, that is the priciest "2" I've ever heard sold. Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder!

Archived