Heritage Owners Club

The Neck on a 157

squawken

Has anyone ever compared the necks on a 157 and a 150?  I have a 150, and have been eyeing up a 157 on e-bay, so I can't physically compare.  Just curious if the neck on the 157 is thicker, or wider, or just the same as a 150?

Ken, you missed a good 'un. Just thought I'd mention that.  :wink: Altho' I know the tour you're taking later this year will be killer, as well. I've had a 157 and found that neck to be somewhere inbetween, for reference, a G '50s and '60s slim. My nephews 150 has a very slim neck that rivals the '60s slim taper. And the 150 I got to play Friday felt like a neck. That is all. From what I remember from all the convo's this weekend, since they are hand made individually, they can vary quite a bit. But in general, the 150 neck should be the same as the 157, since it's a dressed up version of the 150. Hows that for no help at all?  :angel:

Thanks for rubbin it in Kenny :wink:  It looks like everybody had a great time, and I so wish was there.  Call me crazy but you can feel the enthusiasm, and genuine good people through this forum this weekend.  By the way-just to get back at ya, I am going for both days! :P

Archived